1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Seven©, welcome to the forum. Please post some more pic of that SS PT1911. I haven't seen one in person, and would like to see what it looks like. How does it shoot?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here's my "new to me" PT1911. If this thing has had 50 rounds down range before I got it, I'd be very surprised. Still had packing grease around the safeties.
Anyway, I couldn't abide with the grips that came with it, so I whipped up a set of curly Makore's to put on it. Much better. :biglaugh:
Sarge

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
You didn't like the stock grips? :tongue:

Did you have to do anything special for the ambi- safety? I had a set of grips cut for an ambi but still had to trim them a bit,I've read that others had to do the same.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You didn't like the stock grips? :tongue:

Did you have to do anything special for the ambi- safety? I had a set of grips cut for an ambi but still had to trim them a bit,I've read that others had to do the same.
I noticed that the arm on the ambi safety was a tad thicker than most and I just made the cut a little deeper that's all. Other than that, I didn't notice any problems. There were a few things with the Taurus specifically that were different than any other 1911's I've had or made grips for. The screw heads are a bit larger diameter than stock screws also, but luckily, standard screws fit the bushings, so I just dropped a set on this one. It wouldn't be a bid deal to make a larger screw head easement, but the screws on this one were marred anyway. Good riddance. Definitely a "specialty" grip to make though. You can't tell from the pic, but I also relieved a little on the left panel for access to the mag release button. I usually don't with my right hand, but figure I'd see what it looked like and how it worked. I kinda like it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice grips :)

Those look great on blued / black gun!

Easiest way to deal with the safety fitting on different grips... I just shortened the tail by a bit with my dremel, problem solved :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had to have one

I got mine a few weeks ago and have put a couple 100 rounds through her with out a problem. I am tickled pink. I have some coca bola grips on the way.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts