1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Brother, Father, and I are headed to a Gunsite course later this month. When discussing what gun(s) we were taking, my Brother voiced his desire to get a 1911 like my Dad and I have to learn on and take to the course...so today we are off to a couple of gun shops. I am excited to see what catches his eye.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Wow! Either of those would be a very impressive first 1911.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I showed him a Colt Combat Elite and a Springfield TRP, but then he saw a picture of a Nighthawk T3 online. So, I took him to the local shop that is a Nighthawk, Ed Brown, Wilson dealer. So while we were there, he looked long and hard at the Nighthawk T3 and Kobra Carry as well as the special forces. I am a little partial to the more minimalist styling of the Special Forces over the T3 (and it is a little cheaper), but he wants to think about tonight and go back tomorrow.

I'll be sure to post an update once he has one.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Wow! He's gonna get spoiled right off the bat. Nice.

OTOH,he is really saving money by not starting at the bottom and buying,selling,and trading his way up. Ask me how I know. :bawling: :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.