1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went into the gunstore for something else and came out with a Tactical Pro II
all matte black and night sights...love the feel and balance of this weapon.
Will not get a chance to shoot until a week from today...just too busy...but
am certainly looking forward to it...oh, it ran 1050 ... so certainly reasonable...nice mag well but only one magazine...well need some more Wilson's anyways...never have too many....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keep us posted on how things go during break in.

I have had mine for a couple of months now and it is a sweet shooting piece. I had probably 4 FTRB within first 200 rounds. Not a single failure since and I am over 1000 rounds now and still shooting.

I think you are going to really enjoy it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Closest I can come to pictures are on gunbroker.com item 97779810 which is the Tactical Pro II...don;t have digital camera nor know how to post...but will have unexpected chance to go shoot this afternoon...will keep posted, as have great expectations for this gun based on my CDP Ultra 2...which has had zero hiccups...wasn't real sure I would like the black grips...but they are starting to grow on me...may change to rosewood as Kimber really has some fine grips and their laminates look really fine also...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At 20 yards about a 5 inch circle...and at 10 yards about a 2 inch circle...and out of 75
rounds...no hiccups of any kind...this is typical for me with Kimbers....very pleased indeed...oh, I was shooting Fiocchi 230 FMJs for break-in...bought a case for just such
purposes...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tactical Pro-II

Gila,

You may want to remove the grip screw bushings and install them with loctite. They have a tendencie to work loose and then strip due to recoil/vibration. I sent mine back 2 times to have these fixed. Aluminum frames don't handle them well. You also want to use a magazine with a teflon/plastic follower as the metal ones tend to nose dive and chew up the feed ramp. Wilson's are good and you can buy a retro kit for any std mag made with a follower and spring for about $7. Great weapon with outstanding accuracy. I love mine!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Noted the loose grips already...tightened slightly but left out the Wheaties...just snug
nothing exuberant...will locktite them or use those 60 neoprene washers some talk about...also had a minor problem that was fixed in 10 minutes by the gunsmith..with some rod rubbing against the extractor (think thats what he said) that affected the trigger pull...almost like a burr to the touch...but he knew right away what it was...
have maybe 200 rounds through it so far...

·
Registered
6 Posts
My tactical pro out shoot me, i love it. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The boss lady has had her TPII since November and loves it. She has had no problems with the grip screws but has experienced several FRTB. I chalked it up to limp wristing, however I experienced one in a 5 mag session. Overall, she loves the pistol and says it is a dream to carry. Best of luck with your pistol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any updates or more reports anyone?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts