Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's Super Bowl time.
The Religion of Football's 'Holy Grail', 'Ultimate Achievement' and 'Worst Game of The Year Spectacle'!

Does anyone besides me think this years game is a total futz?
I like football but I can't stand any team from the Boston Area(Yankee Fan Angst) and the G-Men are playing really good, but that son of Archie can't hold a candle to his dad nor his brother.

I think I'll fit an ambi-safety and clean magazines.
Phhhhhtttttttt!

What are you guys doin'?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
i disappointed a guy today by asking who was playing tells ya how much i pay attn.. not sure what im doing

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I think I will TiVo it and then skip the football and watch the commercials.:rofl:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I winter in Mesa and we're pretty tired of hearing about the super bowl and all the celebrities and the parties and the prizes they get just for coming. Sheez - I'll be glad when Monday comes.

It's almost as bad as all the political BS was before I left Iowa!

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I's embarrassed to say, but I'm not a fan of pro football. If I do watch, it will be for the commercials.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
What time do the festivities start so I'll know what time to reload, clean guns, tumble brass, read guns & Boar hunting mags, etc?

I think I've watched a total of about 1 whole quarter this yr. New record for me since Irsay took the Colts out of B-More in Mar of '83 (under cover of darkness I might add). Tracy

·
Registered
99 Posts
have a javelina hunt in about a week and need some practice as it is a spring HAM {hand gun, archery, muzzle loader} hunt. i will add that this hunt would be perfect for the 10mm that i do not have. yet

·
Registered
394 Posts
Don`t know for sure what I`ll be doing. I enjoy football, but my teams didn`t make it so my interest is greatly diminished. I`ll probably have the tv on to watch for the commercials, but I`ll probably be reading up on a new aspect of my job that I`ve never dealt with before.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have a javelina hunt in about a week and need some practice as it is a spring HAM {hand gun, archery, muzzle loader} hunt. i will add that this hunt would be perfect for the 10mm that i do not have. yet

:notworthy:Now that sounds like a good way to spend an afternoon! (oh, I have the 10mm:cool:)

·
Resident Septuagenarian
178 Posts
I will spend the time watching the game with my son and family. We both love football and it's a good chance to be together again......

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I couldn't care less. It's an overblown spectacle. I'll be at church for half of it,then
I'll come home and watch Lost with the wife.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm with you guys. None of my favorite teams are playing. There will be Super Bowl party food here for the wife and me but that will be about it. :sleepy:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Maybe there will be another costume malfunction!

·
Registered
84 Posts
GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GUNS ARE FUN BUT I ALSO LIKE SPORTS... BIG TIME NEW YORK SPORTS FAN

Will be right in front of my 62" TV

GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
CONGRATULATIONS G-MEN!
Boy was I wrong... 'that son of Archie can't hold a candle to his dad nor his brother'. What a stupid statement!:hairpull:

I recorded the game so now I'll need to go back and watch it!
Congratulations Eli Manning!

Go GIANTS!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
is it done yet? i been watching futureweapons and weaponolgy all after noon i do like some sports but football aint one of them

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah... It's over. G-Men win by 3
I walked into the fam room and saw that the record light was out on the DVR so I figured the game was over. I switched it to the channel and got to see the last 3 plays of the game... that's all. I guess the recorder stopped prematurely when the game ran long.
Must have been a good game.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.