1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to start my first build project, and would really like to make a good CC gun. I was thinking 9mm for the cheap cost of ammo, and easy to handle recoil. I am looking for something similar to the Springfield EMP, but an officers would work as well. Does Fusion make anything like this?

Another question, is this a good choice for a first build, or should I just go for a full size .45 model? I wasn't sure if the difficulty level was different for the shorter models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heyday - I actually traded emails with Bob Serva on a similar issue. I inquired about a CCO "kit" in 9mm. I believe Fusion can provide a 9mm officer's "kit" - there might be a nominal charge for switching the caliber from .45 to 9mm.

I will be purchasing a building a one of his kits sometime this fall. Good luck.

- Chad

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
A CCO in 9 or 45 would be great. The 9mm will be a bit more to set-up. Don't forget the 40 S&W. This is a great defense round and very economical.
Email us if you need more help,
Thanks for all the support!!
Bob
:smile::smile:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good call on the .40 - i've shot several guns chambered for the round, but never owned one...

I know I'm "what-if'ing" you to death, but it seems that swapping a 10mm barrel and spring set into a .40 s&w slide would be possible - am I correct? Again, I know there would be an additional charge for the parts and the smithing required, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.