1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to another match today and boy did I stink! I had magazine issues and grip safety issues on every stage!
I felt like a total newb! :nuts:

My squad mates kept trying to assist me and cheer me up, but I told them, It's not the gun - it's me!
It's just been too long since I tested myself in match competition and it really showed! Last week wasn't so bad, but today was a nightmare! It seemed my mind was going in one direction and my body was going in another! Terrible reflexes, poor sight acquisition, silly grip problems, you name it, I messed it up!

Competitive shooting is a very perishible skill. I've been away for a few years and I felt like it was my first time!
Nothing I tried was successful. Old skills I though I had honed, were just bumbling attemps today.:redface:

If I wasn't having so much fun I would have been embarrased! :biglaugh:
But I know that to get back into form, it's going to take more practice.
Practice, practice, practice.
I sure have my work cut out for myself!:hairpull:

So, it's back to basics for this old fart.:bawling:
Dry fire & trigger work, reloads, presentation, footwork, transitions, focus and concentration.:tongue:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I'm sure you did better than I would have! All my competition has been informal. I've never shot in a sanctioned match!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Happens to the best of us .. only thing i have shot is pins so im sure you did better than i would

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
I shoot in matches alot and it seems that the first one of the year is always my worst. My first one this year got me a second place finish which is ok but now I am hoping it will be my worst one this year. :dancingbananna:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.