1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! I'm a new member here, just and got a request to come over from 1911forums. I represent one of ~13,500 college students in an organization called Students for Concealed Carry. We have seen a lot of publicity in the news recently, especially following the VA tech and Illinois tragedies. It is our fundamental belief that college students have the right to defend their lives and the lives of those around them, as "gun free zones" serve to only disarm law-abiding citizens and create opportunities for the shootings of innocents as we've seen. I personally am a student at George Mason University (VA) and everyday I sit in lectures of 50+ people, knowing that if someone with a gun stormed into the lecture hall, I'd be completely helpless to stop them. Being vulnerable is not the greatest feeling in the world, as many of you know I'm sure. Also, I know most of you here are more than sympathetic to our cause, so I'd like to invite everyone to check out http://concealedcampus.org/ if you get a chance, and for the college students in these forums, please take a look at our website and also check out the facebook group "Students for Concealed Carry on Campus". One thing to note is that we are not working to change federal legislation, each college has its own individual chapter that is working with the state and individual school.

Thanks for listening!
Frank

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Frank, There's lots of good information there, thanks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome abard to this new site, and a big thumbs up to the cause that you and many other students are striving for. I had replied on the "other" forum as to how I support your organization and what it hopes to accomplish, as well as the fact that I among many many others have and will continue to work locally and beyond to assist in trying to change our system to accomplish the ultimate goal of any law abiding citizens right to defend themselves.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Welcome aboard & I talk to any one who will listen about the utter foolishness of campus gun free victim rich zones. Keep up the good work. I have my first grandchild headed for college in 3 yrs. Three more will follow her.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I thought I'd "stick" this one too...so it will stay up there and be seen.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Looked into becoming a member and found you have to open a MySpace or FaceBook (something like that) so haven't done anything else. I did however send E-Mails to my reps here in NC and one to an old rep in Md thanking them. Got one in local college here and she has her "spray" on her keychain with her at all times. Tracy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts