1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about Storm Lake Barrel Co. I understand that they make a great barrel and are a supplier to the military. Any input would be very helpfull, MK

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
They are a great barrel maker, they used to make the barrels for the sig 1911's don't know if they still do.

I like storm lake but I personally like barstow and kart better. For stainless I like barstow, for carbon kart.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Storm Lake is my comped bbl in the longslide. Dave Williams from SA's custom shop told me they were excellent bbls and they (SA) used them unmarked so no one knows what brand they are.

In an old test in GunTests mag, they got higher reviews than Wilson Combat & Ed Brown comped bbls. As good or better quality & 1/2 the price. You won't go wrong in my experience. Tracy

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I would take all three of those over the wilson and brown barrels.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you guys, I think I am going to go with them. With my FFL I am getting one hellva deal, MK

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I have no experience with any other after market bbls, but when someone asks "which bbl?", my first and only answer is SL.

SL bbl & SA custom shop fitting it to the gun----my first mag with MY HANDLOADS put the first 5 rds into one hole at 50'. My handloads are far from match grade. Tracy

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
It could very well be correct, storm lake makes tons of rebadged barrels some of the production companies use them also.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was told by George when ordering my GRP that Nighthawk does use the Storm Lake barrel. I will also say that I think they are good barrels. I've used them in a couple of builds and never had any problems with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've used both Storm Lake and Bar Sto barrels in 1911's. While perhaps not quite up to BarSto in pure accuracy, the Storm Lake is very, very good and I would not hesitate to use them again- especially if the price was right.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks Sarge, I have decided that I will be using the SL barrel oin the build I am doing now, MK

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My new Storm Lake Barrel shoots like a champ. I am glad I made that choice. :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love mine that is for sure, Mirando

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.