1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this article the other day about a bunch of cigars that were seized in Michigan:

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard presented about 1,500 cigars Thursday afternoon and said they were "some good things that came out of bad people's behavior."

He announced that the cigars, worth $8 to $50 each, would be sent to four Michigan National Guard units deployed in the Middle East for their enjoyment.

The cigars were seized in early January by the Oakland County Sheriff's Office Narcotics Enforcement Team Interdiction Unit when it stopped who Bouchard said was a known drug trafficker on the M-59 corridor in eastern Oakland County.
Article Here

So I emailed him Friday about assisting him with postage. This was the reply I just received:

Dear Friend:

Thank you so very much for your positive response and feedback about me sending confiscated, counterfeit cigars to our military troops overseas.

For those of you who wish to help contribute to the shipping costs, we very much appreciate your willingness to help. Any funds that we raise over and above the cost of shipping these cigars, we will use to purchase more cigars (from local cigar vendors who are offering us special wholesale rates), and ship them to more troops. Donations can be made payable to: The Oakland County Sheriff’s Casual Day Fund, and mailed to: Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, Attn: Cigars for the Troops, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd, Building 38E, Pontiac, MI 48341

At this point, we are organizing our addresses to ship and will be making arrangements to get these cigars mailed within the next week or so. If you like to stay updated on the progress of the shipment, please feel free to check our website at www.oaklandsheriff.com, and we will do our best to keep updated information posted.

Again, I am pleased to be able to do whatever I can to support our troops. I pray for the safe return of each and every one of the brave men and women who are protecting our freedoms. Thank you for support.

Sincerely,
Sheriff Michael J. Bouchard

I'm gonna send him a few bucks. I'm sure a good stogie would be well appreciated in the sandbox.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I saw that in the news and it's a great idea.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That`s cool. What a surprise to learn of anything positive out of Oakland County!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.