1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would be iffy on 2300 too .. Cant wait to see the Stinger was it in stock or did you have to order in

· 1911auto Supporters
20 Posts
I lucked out and threw some email talking to a gentleman about a Wilson found out he had one!:biglaugh: Then I found out that it was NIB and was made in 07 and offered to buy it. So now it's on the way. I'll post pictures when she arrives. I was already thinking of sending it to Tripp for HC. $2300 is alot for a Stinger yes, there is a LW Commanche for sale on Gunsamerica for $1800. might have to look into it.:biggrin:

The Lw Baer's are getting harder to find and not desirable to collect.

· 1911auto Supporters
20 Posts
Got the newest Baer in and will shoot it this weekend. Can't post pic's yet so I changed my avatar to show it! I saw where Tripp is not taking new orders for HC after June so I need to see if it's a keeper and if so get it sent to him before it's too late.

· Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Whats the story Doc??? How did it run???

· 1911auto Supporters
20 Posts
Finally got it out and it was 100% for 250 rounds. I did lube the snoot out of it before I started and it ran the entire time. I was really surpised it didn't FTF any. It's just amazing that they are built so tight but yet run like they do. Accuracy was close to or right at 2" at 35yds. when I did my part. That's with 185gr.SWC over 231 winchester powder. I think once everything settles in it'll be better then that. It's a nice shooting gun, not as nice as my full size one's but still nice. I'm just not sure if I want to get it HC'd or not? I still need to put a few more hundred rounds through it before it's deemed a keeper but it looks good so far. I'm thinking it might be a nice addition to the Baer family at my house.

· Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Good to hear...and mine did get better (more accurate) as it went. From a solid rest it will shoot 2 inch groups at 50 yards all day long.

· 1911auto Supporters
20 Posts
It's funny you know that you say that, as I've had some Baers that shoot alot better then others for no reason. I sold a Premier II that had the 1 1/2" group package on it to primmersinmysole last year I think and it was, that would shoot just as good as my Concept VIII. I've had some that were better then others and so far this little Stinger is right up there with some the better ones so far. I'll say this though, Les's guns are the most accurate 1911's that are out there by far. I've tried alot of 1911's and his are at the top of the list, considering price/fit/finish/and accuracy he's hard to beat.

· Premium Member
1,556 Posts
My Stinger is the only 1911 I have ever owned...I wasn't really a pistol guy until a few years ago. I started with a Beretta 96 Vertec, then a CZ 2075 RAMI (<<<sold), then a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact (damn good pistol for the $$$...gave it to my son)...then I got the Stinger...I've killed 4 deer, a few coyotes, and several groundhogs with it....that just served to build my confidence in it.

I like them for fit and accuracy....some people don't require 1 hole accuracy....and thats fine for what they use it for...but mine is a hunting/CCW/show off at the range/plink with my son/teach my son to put 7 rounds in 1 hole gun.

I grew up shooting long range rifles with my Grandad...the accuracy fetish stuck.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.