1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
A little late but...

Hey there all. I realize that no one has posted on this thread for a while, but I have some experience with a trojan. Mine was a .45acp that I ordered with a bunch of options. The gun was absolutely beautiful (I had the frame and controls hard chromed), but it had feeding issues. I sent it back to STI and they did some work on it and promptly sent it back. While the feeding issues were a bit less, they were still pretty common. Since I bought this gun to add to my carry options, this unreliability was a big issue to me. I sent it back again and STI did more work on it, this time adding a heavier recoil spring and upgrading the extractor. They sent it back to me, and again, the problems were less but still there. After over 1000 rnds I was still having FTFs about every other magazine full (with both mags I might add, one the supplied and one a wilson combat mag). I decided to sell the gun. I miss it as it was beautiful, and I shot well with it, but it never worked right. I would also like to add that STI's customer service was GREAT. Those guys were very nice, very fast, and willing to pick up all shipping costs. I think the problem with some Trojans feeding issues may be due to the one piece ramped barrels. I read from Hilton Yam (who's opinion I deeply respect) that 1911s with ramped barrels often seem to have feeding issues. After my experience, I believe it. However, if you look at an installed ramped barrel and a regular unramped 1911 barrel installed, it looks like there would be alot more feeding issues in the unramped barrel. Go figure.......

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.