1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Send it to Lucho Labs

I shoot against one twice a month and have shot it once. Not off a bench, but it shot better than I did at 25yds. My best five went into one, rather small, ragged hole. Very, very nice gun.

If you really want to know what a gun will do at 50yds, send it to Lucho!

·
Registered
84 Posts
With good ammo they are very good at 50 yards.. I called and spent many hours looking into the gun and for the money its a great deal. Dawson Precision is a great place to get one .. get the Enhancement Package . Dave Dawson checks each pistol top to bottom for fit, function and appearance . They setup the breech face, extractor, ejector, mag release and feed ramp the same way they would a DP custom built pistol. They install a DP sear spring and tune the action. Then the pistol is test fired for flawless function, accuracy and zeroed at 25 yards. Dave is a super nice guy who is easy to talk guns with.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got one (45acp) in November. I havn't shot it from a rest yet (will do that this weekend), but I can tell you that it seems very accurate offhand. At 25 yards, groups of 2" are no big deal, and I have ocasionally done better. And I don't consider myself that great a shot. I've put over 700 rounds through it with "perfect" reliability. I have drop recently to a 12 lbs recoil spring due to the lower velocity bullseye loads, that I'm now shooting.

Other then being really tightly fitted, two other things stand out. The trigger is extremely crisp, and set at 3.5 lbs or slightly less. I don't know if they are all like this, but I'm sure happy about how this was set up. And for those of us that prefer using iron sights, to me, the Aristocrat sights are perfect for sight picture, at least outdoors. Just the right amount of light on either side of the blade.

This weekend, with a good assortment of different loads, I hope to find out just how accurate this gun is.

Like all longslides, a custom holster is almost a given.

I'll post my results, when I'm finished shooting off the rest.

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one. A 6" 45acp. Absolutely love it! I was worried about the sight being repeatable when you change the settings. Should not have been concerned. I don't shoot any competitions with the gun, really just for fun. It was my first long slide 1911. Wish I had bought it years earlier!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts