1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All my main parts are in and start up the build!I'm using a Fusion Government frame and a Foster 5" slide.This my first build for me and i got most of the info I needed to get started this website and others on the Internet. I did win a Jerry Kuhnhausen shop manual on eBay , but haven't received it of yet (going on 10 days now). I felt pretty confident to start it with out the manual and figured if i get stuck or nervous I would just put everything down and wait for the manual to help me fit the slide to the frame.
Using a slide/frame file from Brownell's , a few different grits of lapping paste and about 6hrs I had the frame and slide mated and sliding nice and smooth and tight .I added a few pics and any advice or constructive criticism would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see them on my screen.I will check it out again Thanks

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Nope no pics

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think i fixed it

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Looking good so far

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
I no can see!

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Looks good to me. As always "measure twice, cut once" OOPS! wrong discipline. :wink: Go slow. Stop when ever there are questions. Doing good so far. :cool: Tracy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Some new pics. I have everything pretty much fitted. I need to work a little more on the beaver tail . I will have the rest of the parts to finish up by Monday.Can anybody recommend a decent do it yourself finish ? I prefer a matte black.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
The problem is that you are posting attachments from another forum and in order to see those we have to be members of the other forum. You need to upload them to photobucket, imageshack or something similar for everyone to see.

You should be good to go now.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice going. Can't wait to see how she turns out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some new pics.Almost done just a few loose ends to tighten up.I just have some binding up when round get fed into barrel. I think i just have to ramp the barrel a little more.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Looking good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just waiting for sights and grips. I was thinking about finishing the gun myself with Gun-kote , but i figured by the time i set up and prep. it would be easier to send it out.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
If you are sending it out for gunkote this guy is VERY reasonably priced, 130.00 for a complete gun and he applies it over parkerizing for longer lasting.

http://www.shootiniron.com/

He's been at it a long time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That's a sweet looking pistol lsbbigdog.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Looks Great

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Barrel

I started with a Wilson Combat and was having a hard time fitting, so I put it aside for the next built. I purchased a Storm Lake from Caspian that basically dropped right in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts