1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After another excruciatiing week of waiting, I picked up the first of 3 Star 9mm pistols this morning. This is the Star BM, Commander size. Built in 1986 and imported from Spain by Interarms, it certainly didn't get much use and the previous owner kept it in immaculate condition. I field stripped it and couldn't get a dirty patch to come out. I gave it a nice light oiling, greased the rails, and wiped away most. Three mags worth ended up in a 3 inch circle from 25 feet. I'll do more later. Trigger is smooth and short and definite. I'm more than thrilled with it.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

· Registered
15 Posts
SHARP PISTOL; with sharp rechromed lines and edges. I am keeping my STAR Firestar in.45 real original nickle. I know what you mean about a comfortable "KEEPER".

· Registered
2 Posts
I went to the gun store in the mid 1980's with lots of cash in my pocket. I needed to replace my S&W Model 39 9mm pistol which I had sold. I had no idea what I wanted to buy so I looked at a lot of 9mm automatics. When I picked up the Star BM it was love at first sight (and feel). The gun I purchased for around $250. was made of solid stainless steel. The gun is rather heavy for a mid-size auto at 34 oz. but it shoots well with little recoil or muzzle flip. It is now 30 years later and the Star gave me outstanding performance while shooting for my Concealed Handgun Permit.

· Registered
2 Posts
This is good advice, I had to learn the hard way. When I removed the safety the tiny plunger that sits on top of the spring got lost. I searched the gun parts sites and found them listed but sold out. So I made one and it works great. I will be looking for a Star BM parts pistol in the near future.

· Registered
3 Posts
I went to the gun store in the mid 1980's with lots of cash in my pocket. I needed to replace my S&W Model 39 9mm pistol which I had sold. I had no idea what I wanted to buy so I looked at a lot of 9mm automatics. When I picked up the Star BM it was love at first sight (and feel). The gun I purchased for around $250. was made of solid stainless steel. The gun is rather heavy for a mid-size auto at 34 oz. but it shoots well with little recoil or muzzle flip. It is now 30 years later and the Star gave me outstanding performance while shooting for my Concealed Handgun Permit.
I purchased one brand new in the 1980s. Rather heavy as you posted. All steel, no lightweight alloy like a few of their other models and certainly not polymer.

· Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone help me locate a Star BM 9mm for sale... I'm familiar with handling/cleaning/shooting, however, not savvy with locating and purchasing such a hard to find firearm. Ideally, I'd like to find one slightly used, please let me know if anyone here sees an active listing. Much appreciated ---Adrian

· Registered
161 Posts
they are 28 ozs, same as a lw commander.So no, they are not "heavy". a P35 Browning is 30 ozs.. The little Stars are fine guns.. I paid $190 for one in 2003, so you got wacked really hard if you paid more than $100 for one in the late 80's. wow.

· Registered
161 Posts
I grind the hell out of those sharp corners. I hate the way that they print and wear out clothing and holsters. I want my carry guns to feel like a well used bar of soap, with stippling on the areas that I must touch to manipulate the gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.