1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting some work done on my pistol. What I was looking at was:

Trigger Job
Hammer/sear
extractor tune
tighten frame
fit brushing

at Wilson, its going to be around $390 plus shipping
at springfield, its going to be $490 plus shipping

I was wondering which does better work. Is Springfield worth the extra $100 or is Wilson going to be a better choice.

Pistol is a Springfield 1911A1 Loaded Parkerized

any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would go with Wilson. I have a Wilson Combat gun and it is perfect in every way. Bill Wilson started his career with guns as a gunsmith and was nationally known as such. Either place you are going to get the tops in service.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I agree, I would go with wilson. I would go with wilson if they were the same price.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. Thats what I was thinking too. I've heard alot of good things about Wilson. Springfield seems to be very hit-and-miss sometimes. plus it's cheaper too - thats a BIG plus for me.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bud: I am interested in the reason for your reply. The Springfield custom shop has done great work for me in the past and I know some highly respected gunsmiths who think their work is excellent.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I prefer to put my trust in an individual, who's work I've seen and felt. The money goes into his pocket, not some large business. Springfield's custom shop is well known, but who's doing the work? Think they're all master pistolsmiths there?

Between your two choices, I'd jump on Wilson. I'd have thought he'd be higher.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Az got to it before i did pretty much the same reason for not going springer.. Kind of like the wilson combat comment of only our top pistol smiths work on the supergrades .. um so what are ya telling me the bottom of the rung guns build everything else

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.