1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of the SpringField Armory's Loaded "Target" models? What do you think of it? And...most importantly to me what kind of 25 yard accuracy is it capable of? Thanks to all....

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have one in 9mm,,,,,,,,,,,, it was junk from the factory. It didn't shoot straight, didn't feed more than 4 to 5 rounds between jams with any kind of ammo, the rear sight came apart, and rarely did it lock the slide back. I was so displeased with the gun in particular and Springfield in general that I sent the gun to Wilson Combat to be straightened out. Now for what I have in the "loaded" Springfield I could have gotten a Wilson 9mm to start with. Now the gun will shoot sub 2" groups with Magtech 115 at 25 yards. As for me, no more Springfield's.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a fixed sight Loaded, as well as a GI, both in 45. Both have been 100% reliable out of the box. Accuracy.....excellent on both, once the barrel bushings were replaced on both guns with EGW units. Sorry to hear that Dilbert had problems, but mine have been exceptional.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have two of the Loaded Models, one is stainless and the other is parkerized. Both have the fixed combat sights, not the adjustable target sights. Both have been 100% from the get go and both give me sub 2†groups @ 10 yards from a standing two hand stance.

I realize that this doesn’t really answer your question, but if they both give me this kind of accuracy from an unsupported stance, they should be pretty good from a rest. Keep in mind that I am NOT a competition shooter.

·
Spell-Check at the ready!
141 Posts
I have three Loaded models and all of them run flawlessly. I use them in IDPA (range from 7 yards out to 30) and they work great. Knocks down 18" pepper poppers at those ranges so they must shoot straight.
I've never bench tested them though so I can't give you a number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a stainless Loaded. It was bought used and had a problem with stringing groups in a weird horizontal oval.
I sent it to SA and they replaced the barrel and bushing and fit them to the frame.
I now use it in competitions. I shoot plate matches and NRA Bullseye. My high score so far has been an 824 out of 900. The problems are all me.
I load a 200gr LSWC over 4.5gr of WST. I have had no- zero problems with feeding. I did replace the extractor. After about 5,000 rounds it started throwing the empties on my head. Since it's MIM I just installed a Wilson Combat bullet-proof extractor.
Other than a few minor things to help in competition I haven't had to do anything to make it run. I use Wilson 47D, SA and ACT mags. All work with no problems.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.