1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any way we can help get the word out about this forum ?. I just happened to see it slightly mentioned in another forum which supprised me that they allowed it to be posted. If you will give us suggestions on how we can help other than word of mouth to our local friends. I want to see you succeed and prosper. Would communicating with potional advertisers help? Let us know,am sure others will agree.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
It's really kind of hard starting out to get the word out. I submitted to a bunch of search engines and some places have been nice enough to allow postings about us so that has helped. If you know someone that will post a link to us in their link section that would be great. Maybe putting a link to us in your signatures on other forums if you like. Word of mouth to friends both local and internet. We very much appreciate spreading the word and are open on this one.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I sent some emails out to guys that make accessories. Maybe that will help. I still can't get the 1911auto link in my signature.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I contacted Lee from Buds Gun Shop and he has joined. He is the forum guy for buds and he might be posting some deals.

Try this Snag:

*url=http://www.sig1911.com/]1911Forum[/url*

The asterisk at the beginning and the end have to be changed to brackets like the others. I had to do this so you could see it. You can change what the link says by editing "1911forum". Just change the asterisks to brackets, paste it into yoru sig and it should work.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
When I cut and paste of my sig in another forum it still does not show up as a viable link. Just the code.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
If you are clicking on the insert link button don't do that, just paste it straight into your signature. I just added it here and I have it at the other forum.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I am doing that, damn frustrating. I thought I had this forum thing mastered.:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Put it in your sig here and I will see what's up.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Done, But now I am out the door for a very important date. Will check in later.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Ok, bu tyou didn't change the asterisks to brackets. Take out the first * and put in [ and take out the second * and put in ].

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
The door was just shutting, heard the email beep, came back in, followed instructions and now I am "spreading the word" Thanks P

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Outstanding.:)

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Excellent if Buds joins they are a great place to deal with

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I agree. I offered to set him up a forum like shooters plus, who is also excellent to deal with, so members will have a place to deal with him in his own area if he wants. He hasn't told me or posted yet. He's supposed to call me later on a gun though.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
What kind of gun

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
A sig gsr compact (like a cco). One of the Shot show guns that is sold as new (and looks like new) with the warranty. I have 2 other sig gsr's I got from them that were shot show guns.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Sounds nice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.