1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is fond of quoting a particular passage of Scripture. The quote, however, does not appear in the Bible and is "fictional," according to biblical scholars.

In her April 22 Earth Day news release, Pelosi said, "The Bible tells us in the Old Testament, 'To minister to the needs of God's creation is an act of worship. To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us.' On this Earth Day, and every day, let us pledge to our children, and our children's children, that they will have clean air to breathe, clean water to drink, and the opportunity to experience the wonders of nature."

Cybercast News Service repeatedly queried the speaker's office for two days to determine where the alleged Bible quote is found. Thus far, no one has responded.

Distinguished biblical scholars, however, cast doubt on the existence of the passage."
Article

Man, she's a real piece of work!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I'm not a Biblical scholar...but I know the "Good Book" better than most...and I'm not familiar with that passage.

I have NOTHING good to say about Pelosi.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Responsible use of the Old Testament cannot divorce the biblical notion of stewardship (that man is obligated to care for God's creation) from the equally important biblical view that the entire natural world was created for man, for him to subdue it and to reign over it," Jenislawski said.

"Environmentalists who make man subservient to the natural world actually invert the biblical view of man's relationship to the earth," he said.
One of the scholars had that to say.

Dems like Pelosi will say anything, do anything to get what they want.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I look at that like this....

God created the earth before Adam and Eve...without it they would have had no Eden (Meaning we are to take care of this planet we call home, because without it we are dead...we are not taking very good care of it at all)

Adam and Eve got kicked out of Eden over the "forbidden fruit"...(that may be interpreted as using "natural resources" that were not meant to be abused...if even used at all.

Man today does not have the "responsibility" that God intended...meaning...we have 'GREED" in power...and it is surely going to be the end of us all. Man today only cares about whats going on "right now"...there is no foresight to what the consequences of our actions are...in only 100 years we have pretty much destroyed the atmosphere and made countless species of wildlife go extinct...we will have to answer for those actions when we need nature to survive and she is not there.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Pelosi is too quick to judge people to be quoting the Bible in the first place...hypocrite.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Personally, I have a quote FOR HER that you won`t find in the bible either. What a piece of work she is. I about gagged when she appeared with Newt Gingrich in an Earth Day commercial.

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Go to work trying to get her out of office then. we hammered some of our bad politicians last election and made some changes. We still have some to go but I was as relieved as if I had taken a :crap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.