1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the certainty of an anti-gun Congress,what are you going to buy? If nothing,why not?

I myself plan on getting more AK and AR mags, and another AR receiver. I can buy other parts and ammo as funds allow. If I write off all my ammo purchases as "pest control" I wonder if they'd catch that in an audit...

Anyway I'm not all gloom and doom about this and I'm not about to get gouged over panic buying,but I believe it may be wise to "get while the gettin's good".

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I am pat for me on arms, mags, & carry gear.
I just bought 8500 rds of bullets to reload & powder & primers to go w/ it.

I have been saving brass for several yrs. I have enough brass to last me until I pass what is still loadable to those who attend my funeral.

I will buy spring kits for mags & loading components.

I am starting to load more 38/357 stuff. That will be the last to be banned.
Jeff got my revolver carry gear in GOOD shape.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Well, I got eyes on a 629, I hope to pick up the first of the week. I also have a Kel-Tec on layaway, but my plans are a couple of collapsible stocks for ARs, some more 30 round mags, and would love to get ahold of an AK and a few magazines for it. Those will be the first to get nailed. I agree with LT, revolvers are fairly safe.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I am going to get some more AR mags and some hi cap Para mags. Got plenty of M-1-A mags already as well as Browning HP mags. Also, I will be buying bullets and primers. Mirando

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have purchased over 5000 rounds in the last 2 weeks. 3000 9mm, 1000 .45,1000 .40 and a couple hundred rounds of .308.
I also put an AR on layaway. Picking up the AR Fri next week. I havent been able to find any AR mags here locally.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a run on ammo in the ATL. Had to order .45 acp since there is none in stock. Going to get a Fusion Commander. Never thought of an AR before, until now. Now a days just seems like something I should have. With a few 30 round magazines. :flag:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think I have all I need in the way of guns right now, just bought 2 more 1911`s in the past 6 weeks. But....I am and have been stocking up on ammo all fall. Do`nt have nearly enough yet, but I`ve got a good start on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bought 12K rounds of ammo yesterday, one more AK, one more CZ VZ 58, and have several (to put it mildly) magazines on the way. I am also going to pick up a few more rifles before the end of the year.
Maybe some parts kits for the basics (AR/AK)

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
AR magazines, loaded ammo and reloading components.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ammunition, mags and continuing to stock the larder.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm getting a DPMS 'coyote rifle' with a collaspible stock. I put it on layaway on the 1st. I just have to figure out how to pay for it before Jan 20.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LGS is out of AR mags,and almost all .223 and 7.62x39. I gotta respect them for not jacking up prices. :)

·
1911auto Supporters
286 Posts
Let's see.... Ammo for sure , 45, 9mm, 308, 223, and 7.62x39. Also last week I went over to an old friends house to buy a S&W mod 66 Combat Masterpiece and he offered me a deal on a RIA 45 and a Glock 17 if I'd take all three. Boy did i have some explaining to do when I got home.:whistle:
I don't think we'll go wrong buying guns ,if we get a decent deal or ammo. They are only going up.:frown:

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
I'm in good shape as far as handguns, shotguns, loaded ammo and mucho reloading components.
I plan to buy more, but that has little to do with polytikz

Don't a have any rifles though ('cept for a 22lr)

I've been considering an AK for the last year or so.
Maybe that will be my next gun purchase.

I might get pounded on for this, and may very well be out in left field in my thinking, but I really don't see much, if any new anti-gun legislation coming any time soon.

and I'll tell you why..

fwe're at war, and also in a down economy, which tends to make crime go up.
In light of those two factors, i just don't see the mood of the country swinging in favor of more gun restrictions.
Given that, and knowing that polytishuns are MOST concerned about getting re-elected than anything else, they're not going to rock the boat for fear of being booted next election cycle

..L.T.A.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep,it won't take 'em long to start hounding us. If Obama is smart,he will hold off on gun control. Learn from Clinton's mistakes. Or his other choice is to act now while he's got the majority.

I don't think he himself will push it but you can bet that if the Dems deliver it to him,he'll sign it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.