So how do you guys like your CQB? | Page 2 | 1911 Forums at 1911Talk.com

So how do you guys like your CQB?

Discussion in 'Wilson Combat' started by MarshallDodge, Sep 7, 2008.

1. SALoaded

SALoaded New Member

I just looked through Wilson's website, and thiswas the pistol that spoke to me the loudest. It looks amazing, and has all the features I'd like to get, with none I don't. This is definitely going to be what I get when I'm ready for a custom 1911. Sounds like I won't be disappointed one bit.

2. longtooth

longtooth
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard SAloaded. we are glad to have you. Give us a good intro on you & your shooters.

You have chosen well.

3. SALoaded

SALoaded New Member

Thanks Longtooth.

I have two 1911's right now. One is a Springfield 1911 I inherited from my grandfather, it's a fullsize with some modifications. The other is a Springfield Champion Lightweight Loaded. I like the Champion but it's a little too light for many 230gr rounds, and I have to be careful with what mags I use, or it will chew up the aluminum.

I think my next purchase will be a Springfield Mil-spec. Just want a pretty basic, functioning 1911. After that I'm leaning toward that Wilson CQB.

Other pistols I own are:

- Inherited Ruger Blackhawk .357
    - Inherited Ruger MkII .22
    - Ruger SP101 with Crimson Trace
    - Bulgarian Makarov
    - Sig P6
    - Springfield XD9 Service. Want to get night sights for this.
    - Beretta 21A .22LR

4. Fight islam Now

Fight islam Now New Member

Wilson CQB

I love my CQB. Every detail is outstanding. Wilson pistols feel like sex in your hand. It's a Rolex.

The CQB is ABSOLUTELY RELIABLE right out of the case. Wilson instructions ask you to hit it hard for 200 rounds right out of the box. as is and it runs like a sewing machine.

Often, when I step out to practice, my initial shot(s) are casual draw and fires and the CQB seeks the 10 or the center mass of the target. Always astounds me. Wilson pistols shoot "better" than it is possible for a hand holding shooter to shoot.

As a platform for building a custom gun they are the most cost effective way to start. Why build evrything from ground up when the CQB (or other wilson pistols) are "perfect" to start? It is cheaper to build from the CQB platform than to to build from box stock parts and you start with a "perfect" / Absolutely reliable gun and build from there.

Wilson customer service is OUTSTANDING. Personable, fast response and the extra mile - even to downline owners.

Most high end guns are babied and $1500 for a CQB is a steal. I would beg, borrow or steal to get the money that day.

5. kkramer673

kkramer673 New Member

I've had a CQB for 2 or 3 years. Like a lot of other gun owners, I have other manufacturers' 1911s also: Ed Brown, Kimber, Para-Ordnance. I like them all, but the CQB is the best of the lot. The most rounds ever fired in one session was about 400, and I have about 2,000 rounds through the weapon since I bought it new. I've fired all factory loads, but ball as well as HP. I have never had a malfunction of any kind. No matter how radical the profile of a HP round, it always cycles. As much as I like the other 1911s I own, it's always the CQB (w/Crimson Trace laser grips) that's on my night table every evening. For me, the CQB is perfection.

6. DR505

DR505 New Member

I love the CQB!

I've had a CQB for a while now...fantastic 1911. My other 1911's languish in the safe since I picked up the Wilson. Here is my CQB next to my Warrior:

[​IMG]

7. kkramer673

kkramer673 New Member

I bought a CQB about three years ago and have put probably 2,000 rounds through it. I have had exactly 1 jam in all those rounds and I believe it was an out-of-spec bullet. It is the most reliable and accurate handgun of any caliber I've ever owned.

8. DR505

DR505 New Member

Here's a better picture

[​IMG]

9. ghitch75

ghitch75 New Member

new here....i like my QBC....very well fitted and more accurate than me!!!

[​IMG]

10. vlad dracule

vlad dracule New Member

Just purchased a like new condition wilson cqb from a man who only shot three hundred rounds though it for 1900.00 shipped ffl to ffl. I already own kimbers ,ed brown special forces and kobra carry , smith and wesson cqb performance pistol and dan wesson valors, vbobs, one in stainless and one in black, and the cco model .will give my opinion on the wilson combat cbq when i get and shoot her myself,regards Marc

11. grunt

grunt New Member

My CQB Elite will shoot with any pistol out there. I have put over 2000 rounds of AE ball ammo, hornady xtp jhp, CCI Blazer and some Cabellas russian reloads, I have not had one missfire, ftf. It has gone BANG every time I pulled the trigger!!

12. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock New Member

What does the Elite have over the regular CQB?

13. Melrosemike

Melrosemike New Member

I've owned other 1911's, but once I shot my CQB, I sold the rest. Smooth, reliable and accurate. Besides that, you can't beat WC's warranty. If something goes wrong, they will fix it! Their customer service is second-to-none in the industry.

Sent from my iPad using Outdoor Forums

14. Melrosemike

Melrosemike New Member

I have 2,894 rounds through my CQB Elite. Put in a Wilson flat wire spring at 2,000 rounds. Not a single mal-function yet.

Sent from my iPad using Outdoor Forums

15. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer New Member

I have a CQB Compact and really like it. Have had no issues, and it is real pretty, to-boot! :)

[​IMG]