1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've thought about that as well, but then I remember that I have a GRP & Talon II on layaway. But I will also probably pick up another handgun when my trip to the sandbox is over.

·
Spell-Check at the ready!
141 Posts
I have one and it's the best handgun I've ever owned-- it's a nail driver-- I can't say enough about it. It's just an amazing weapon. The only thing I'd do different is order one without the light rail (I don't even own one of those lights). I've said it once before, but I could only own one handgun--- it'd be my CQB.

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
The CQB is in my opinion one of the best 1911s on the market today. I wouldn't worry about its accuracy it is probably more accurate than it's shooter is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I find mine entirely satisfactory - both reliable and accurate - first shot was a pinwheel 10 and so it goes.

Although each maker offers a variety I think each maker has a flagship model as Ed Brown calls it and it pays to buy the flagship model first from a given maker. For Wilson I'd call the CQB the flagship model although if I were to buy a Wilson today it would be a Hunter in .460 Rowland.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wilson qcb

i've had mine for a few years, i have several springfields, a lew horton custom, para's and a charles daly.

nothing comes as close for accuracy, just one nice ragged hole. all the other guns shoot great and all are reliable. i have over 10k through the daly and never one problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My CQB Elite was my introduction to the semi-custom pistolsmiths after shooting Kimbers over the past 20 years. Accuracy, reliability, smoothness of the action and crispness of the trigger are night and day with a production 1911. Only bad thing about buying a Wilson Combat is not being able to go back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put an offer in on a 2003 model with six mags, has the OD frame and black slide. Do you think $1500 shipped to me is a fair deal?

Forgot to add: It has the case and papers, and is in very good condition based on pics. Night sights are starting to dim.
Depends on what you mean by "very good condition". Common language to refer to a firearm's condition includes NRA grades which are Factory New, Excellent, then followed by fine condition and the lower grades. I presume the gun you are referring to is in either excellent or fine condition. Another way to grade a gun's condition is by a percentage grade. If the gun is in fine condition then you will have gotten a good deal. If the gun is in excellent condition you will have stolen it. :notworthy:

·
Registered
121 Posts
My CQB has seen thousands of rounds,,,,, and all issues that I have had with it have been either ammo related or magazine related. My gun hates cheap magazines with a passion and refuses to load short overall length SWC rounds. Stay away from those two things, which isn't hard, and the gun will run longer than the Energier bunny.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love my CQB

I bought one with a rail from a friend who was strapped for $$$. Gave him a fair price...he is NOT getting it back! It has a light rail, but I use that function anyway. I don't like the FCS, but that is about it. Otherwise it is a gem to shoot, always works, and is a tack driver. here is a photo in its new holster:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here is my CQB with it's baby brother, a Colt Officer that I rebuilt. The CQB is laser beam accurate and is a dream in fit. It does not like short OAL SWC's, but that's okay, neither do I!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.