1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm willing to bet that there is someone else out there who would like to see S&W come out with an "Officer" size 1911:nuts:. So I guess my question would be has anyone read or heard if S&W is, might, or not, going to make one? In the course of a few years they have went from non-player in 1911's to major player, but still no "Officers". I would guess that such a model would sell very well indeed. So, anybody know anything?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hard to say in my opinion. Since the 4.25 inch Commanders have been very popular, I think they`d almost have to see a decrease in sales volumes to be motivated to bring out another variation.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
wait till after shot show and see what they come out with

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
S&W a major player in the 1911 field? Show me the numbers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Numbers

Well gosh jolly "Primerinmyshoe", I must have been in a hurry when I got my last shareholders statement, but I missed the section where S&W disclosed the actual sales figures for each individual product line. So I guess I can't show you the actual numbers, and I'm sure S&W would be happy to disclose that information.
However, just using my own two eyes, I can plainly see that S&W is a major player in the 1911 world. When I visit Adventure Outdoors (a 6000 stocking gun dealer here in Atlanta, www.advout.com) I see a case full of Kimbers, a case full of S&W, a much smaller group of Springfields, and a handful of new Wilson Combat's, and in the used area you will find a stray from any fold. Now Adventure Outdoors sells a lot of guns (the city of New York has even sued them in an attempt to shut them down) and I would assume that they stock so many S&W's because, drum roll please, they sell a lot of them.
So, that's why I think S&W is a major player in 1911's. Maybe their gun isn't as "good" as a Wilson Combat or Les Baer, but sales speak volumes.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Smith will actually show the Sales figures about 3 months after the fiscal year is over no need to be snotty about it or pissy because some one questions what seems to be your fav gun ..

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Last year before shot show there was a rumor smith was coming out with an officers sized model, but it did not happen. Just have to see this year.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jerry,
Please post it if you see or hear about a S&W Officer. I actually don't have a S&W 1911. I do hold their customer service in high regard:notworthy: and given a choice I will buy S&W over anything out there in it's class.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I will, but I haven't heard anything at all this year.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
The pics out of shot so far show nothing .. and smith listed about 12 guns for 08 before the shot show none were new 1911's

If i see anything ill post it i check smiths site a bunch to see what new wheelies come out

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually - feast your eyes on this: S&W officer 945 -

.45ACP S/A, 7 Rd. Capacity, 7 1/8" Overall Length, 3.25" Barrel Length, White Dot Dovetail Front Sights, Novak Lo-Mount Carry 2-dot Rear Sights, 24 Ounces, Checkered Wood Laminate Grips, Aluminum Frame, Stainless Steel Slide, Black Finish, Includes: 2 Magazines and Performance Center Aluminum Box - Much money $$$, I'm afraid :nuts: ...

VERY NICE :dancingbananna:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked into the compact 945, but couldn't talk myself into it. I did find a used Colt series 80 Officer and I have rebuilt it and now it is at Wilson Combat for an Armor Tuff refinish. OD green with black small parts and controls. This will be my first multi color gun (not counting SS and blue). I can see it in my head and it looks good:nuts:, I hope reality is as kind:whistle:.
Of course I will have more money in the Officer than I would have had in the 945:hairpull:.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts