1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a lot of posts today...what's everyone doing?

I had to babysit this morning while the wife went to yard sales,then we swapped out and I went to the range. More wind there than the Democratic debates,but it beats watching the boob tube all day. :sleepy: Shot my Savage .308 at 100 yards,and groups were good between wind gusts,-1" with match ammo. But when the wind was blowing they really strung out left to right. I don't have much practice (none,really) compensating for wind.

Where have you been today?:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Been this way a week or so now .. I had to work and would stay out but too hot ..i figure good weather is part of it most forums slow down in summer

·
Registered
692 Posts
Just handed off the grandson and his dog. Gonna grill out for supper, then I'll prolly spend the rest of the evening getting ready for a match tomorrow.

4 qualifiers and 2 long courses. Should be interesting...:wink:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Just got back from shootin pins. BOY DO I SUCK NOW! Haven't shot in over 3 months. Boy did it show today. STILL, a bad shootin is better'n just about anything else I can talk about on the forum:wink:.

Probs still with my +P load. Brass going everywhere. Usually 15-20', but many farther than that. Ejection is inconsistant with where they land.
But this is for another thread, don't want to hijack this one. Now it's off to clean guns. Tracy

·
Registered
473 Posts
I was just doing some odds and ends around the house this morning. It's really windy here at 26MPH gusting to 42MPH so I decided to check in to see what was new.

I am with Bud on the warmer weather. I'm sure things will begin to slow down.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Yep, it's breautiful here I'm sure people will be out more. Since tax day it seems to be pretty deserted.

I'm doing a few things around the house also.

·
1911auto Supporters
286 Posts
I went to a local gun show. Prices weren't to bad, but I didn't find any of what I'd call great deals. Not much ammo at all, but there was a nice selection of handguns.
I've begun to look for a rifle in 17hmr but there wasn't one to be had today. Great bunch of people there and enjoyed shooting the breeze with them.
I did find some stag grips for my Colt Cobra!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had to work all day. Same thing for tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I have been working more than usual...also, they gave me a new truck...which is similar to moving from one apartment to another, so I have been trying to get settled in.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I worked at the range/gun shop 10am - 6pm. It was pretty busy, with a waiting list for the range. I sold one gun and lots of accessories. I did order an eotech for my new AR while I was there.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I went to the range too. Son in Law went w/ me. Shot the Tikka 300wsm, M1A, & my first time to really work my new knee out under a pistol.
Tikka holds a good inch groop at 100. M1A 2.25 w/ the battle sites. I cant tighten it up any from there.

New knee in January & did some move & shoot today. I can actually run on it now. Running away from target. Started at 5yds. draw, run away to left at about 45% shooting back. Held all 10 from Wilson mag on the silouette & 7 in the 8 ring. 2 pelvis & one just on the shoulder.

Need to get my wagon out & shoot moving target some. I am not cripple any more.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow,don't mess with Texas...or at least Texas preachers!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have been working outside, It has been snowing here the last 3 days. Real heavy wet snow that weighs down bushes so I have to go shake them to keep them from breaking.
Snow is playing havoc with spring flowers.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I know I haven`t been around muchthe last couple of weeks, and it will only get worse for me for the next 7-8 weeks....work crunch time. 5 days 12-14 hours and 8-10 hrs on Saturdays. That doesn`t leave much time for fun:frown:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts