Slide Jammed on new CBOB | 1911 Forums at 1911Talk.com

Slide Jammed on new CBOB

Discussion in 'Dan Wesson' started by Doubletapp, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Doubletapp

Doubletapp New Member

Yesterday i went out and bought my first 1911 after doing extensive research on the best gun to buy for the money. But I have some bad news.. Not only do the night sights now glow, but I took it to the range today and after only 8 rounds it jammed up really bad. To the point where the slide wouldn't move at all. Even the gunsmith at the range said something is terribly wrong. Before i fired it, i took it apart and wiped all of the factory grease out and re-greased it. Cycled the action 100 or so times then headed to the range. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm a little upset that i spent this much money on a quality 1911 to have it not only jam real bad, but have bad tritium in the trijicon sights as well. They don't even glow a little bit in the dark. The date code on the gun and the sights is 2014 so they are new. Back to Dan Wesson it goes...

2. George Smith

George Smith New Member

Sounds like my Range officer.

3. glazer1972

glazer1972 New Member

I had a valor that had a shaving left in it.

4. Crab Boy

Crab Boy New Member

San Jose, Ca Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
    Don't tell me that Crap. I just ordered one. Now I'm Pissed and I haven't even done anything!

5. MaceWindu57

MaceWindu57 New Member

Sorry to hear, if you plunk down that much cash and get a Pistol that has a major malfunction, you're right to be concerned.