·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that at the library. :wink:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I love this kind of stuff, thanks guys for sharing. Learning is good, knowledge is power...

I had never herd of Singer 1911's.

So if I understand, the value is due to the VERY small number of them made, not that the gun is any different from others in it's era.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Very rare,and USGI collectors consider it a Holy Grail of sorts. I may be wrong,but I believe there were 500 or so issued to the Navy.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to Clawson, all or most of the Singers were distributed to the Army Air Corps.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love this kind of stuff, thanks guys for sharing. Learning is good, knowledge is power...

I had never herd of Singer 1911's.

So if I understand, the value is due to the VERY small number of them made, not that the gun is any different from others in it's era.
They did deffer somewhat from the other M1911A1s, they were beautifully fit and finished.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that, I don't know. I don't think RIA makes public the buyers and sellers (at least on the web).

Good to see you here, Terry. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I was in the shop the other day picking up the laid away p220 and this guy comes with a 1911 he wants to trade. They look at it and were going to give him 450.00 and he said the most he has been offered by a buyer is 425.00. I lean over and look at it and it was a singer. I immediately start thinking "what can I pawn to buy this guys gun". Come to find out though it's got a lot of un original parts. It looked very nice, but was kind of a frankengun.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
500 were accepted by Ordnance and so marked, some say there were more made from left over parts.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've never seen one in person, but I've heard for years that, "The Singer pistols are the standard of fitting and parts quality for the 1911 platform."

It appears that the sale price bears this out. I'd love to see one one day.

Thanks, OD*. BTW, why'd you decide to part with it? :shades:

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
God I wish it were mine.

I hope to see a couple Singers in person, the end of next month at the Louisville show.

Scott Gahimer has 2 of them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.