1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up today and cleaned/lubed it up. I still have some springs and stuff coming so I am not done. I left it pretty well lubed and slide glided as can be seen, the yellow is the flash on the earl. It has hogue's on it had a box an one mag. I think it was worth the 479. The night sights are still there but not as strong as new ones.

The grip and trigger reach is smaller on this one than the new ones I have. This one fits my hand much better. The Holster is just a bianchi professional cut off at the bottom and gorilla glue slopped on the threads so it would not come apart. I don't like closed bottom holsters and the way it is I like it a lot for iwb, no belt carry. It also has the body guard on it which I like.

To me the sigs are the perfect carry weight. Loaded it's 7.5 ounces lighter than my sig carry 1911 with 8 +1 in each.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wll Vic, to me it looks like it wasn't shot much but carried some. It's still real tight also. They have a p245 that looks like it only saw a few rounds, looking at that next.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Very nice Jerry!!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice when you going to get out to shoot it

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I really like them sigs.

It will probably be next week before I make it out. The battleaxe has some days off and I need an excuse to go out for a while.:)

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I for see this one as my daily carry as soon as I get a few hundred through it. That is until I decide to get the p245 or even another colt lwt xse.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks usmcmp, and I just may forget about the p245 vic. I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like it. I just picked up a West German P225/P6 the other day. Can't wait to shoot it.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Me neither. I'm waiting for my springs and stuff to come in first, thought they would be in today but no dice. I'm sure they will be here monday. I'm willing to bet the springs have been in here since before the berlin wall fell.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sig 220 huh. That must be the model that Astra used for the Astra A100. I have two of them and they look exactly like this gun with two exceptions. The hammer is different and the take down lever is on the right side of the gun rather than the left.
I would love to have a Sig. Some day, after I have my truck paid off, I hope to get one.
Some concern for me is that I have heard reports that the quality of the Sig guns of late has been poor.
Hope they have the Quality Control under control by that time.:flag:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think your reports are mistaken because the sig p series are some of the best, most dependable, accurate handguns out of the box you can get. That includes the current ones. It's actually one of the guns I would carry out of the bos, although I wouldn't do it with any gun unless I had to. They did have some problems starting out their 1911 line but that see to be worked out at this time. The one I just got was made when there was an east germany, but if you ask on sigforum most will say the current ones are just as dependable as these are just desirable as they have no rail and because the "w germany" is becoming less available than the "germany" ones. I do know I would trust sig way before astra.

·
Registered
35 Posts
While I agree that Sig is a much more desirable name. When all you can get at the moment is Astra it is not a bad gun. It is in fact one of my best. Even above the Kimbers or Springfields.

I will have to start looking at the Sigs more seriously since the quality is still up to par. Where can one see or order one of the West German models you are talking about?

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The best place normally is check gunbroker or find them locally. Right now Summit gunbroker has an amazing price on them right now and at 394 I would pawn something to get one if I didn't just get this one. They are the cheapest I have seen and He's a good place to look for stuff like this. He's mark kittrich (spelled right?), a good guy with good service.

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/2065456.html

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
When you pick it up Does it ask you

Your Papers Please

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
It says "I'm ready for business".:) I got the springs and stuff and put them in along with the slim grip. I think they have been changed, but the new ones feel a little better and the others will make decent "backups". Suprisingly the hammer strut and spring housing (i forget if thet is what they are called on a spring) have already been changed to a newer one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts