1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are a lot of these out there and they are an excellent deal. They have many of the features of the elite models like night sights, beavertail and front strap checkering but not the fat wood grips or fcs of which I miss neither. They can be had for about 699. shipped if you get with some of the sellers on sigforum and the sig sao, with ambi safety, is pretty sweet. It's not a 1911 pull naturally, but it's really pretty nice.

Here is a pic.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
if ya was looking for a sig 220 that would be a good deal.. wonder what military ?

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they have ever said, there has been a lot of speculation and I have seen us marines and german military both mentioned, but it could be anyone really.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I could see the US but not the Germans if it aint HK they usually aint buying

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I know the German police use, or used a lot of sigs. There's a ton of p6 police trade in's out there right now. I know there are some us units, like the seals supposedly, that use the p226.

I don't see them going to .45 unless it's just some unit or something.

I want one of these bad, I would rather have one for nightstand duty than a 1911 with a rail.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, have to work on it.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
El Pistolero said:
I want one of these bad, I would rather have one for nightstand duty than a 1911 with a rail.
Blasphemy! That's a ban-worthy offense right there!

Naw,like I've said before,Sigs are great pistols. I just don't shoot them well.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't mind the rail at all, I was using a p220 carry elite as a nightstand gun and I like the rail for my m3 light. I don't particularly care for a rail on a 1911 but on the sig's they are nice as far as I am concerned.

The sao on the supermatch is sweet and this one should be the same.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will have one of these soon. I found one at a better price than I expected and should have it probably sometimes next week.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Jerry,
Let us know how sweet it is. I like the SAO SIGs. I have a Super Match that I was trying to sell, but I decided that I like it too much. Now I am trying to sell some other stuff instead. BTW, the Super Match makes a great bed side gun.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will and I had a super match and sold it. I liked the sao on it, but I don't care for bomar sights and did not really need it. It's hard to sell used sigs for a decent price for some reason, I got less than I would have preferred for it. I had a p220 carry elite I used for a bedside gun and now this one will be mine.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I picked up this one today. It's really got all the stuff I like, including night sights, solid guide rod, checkering on front strap and beavertail. Plus it comes with 4 mags. The only things the elites have this one does not are the front cocking serrations and wood grips, and I care for neither. The wood grips are too thick for me and I sold the ones off the elite I had. It's also cheaper than the ones without alll that stuff, these military overruns are a great deal. They are also new and have the same lifetime warranty all new sigs have.

I busted my nikon d70s and can't take pics now, maybe a little later on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.