1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these w/ 6" barrel. I love it. Very comfortable, accurate, and pretty reliable for a .22lr semi auto. I got it very slightly used for $350. I have read some complaints regarding the plastic magazines, but so far I have no complaints. This is also my easiest handgun to shoot accurately. Do any of you have any trigger time with these? What are your thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marshall'
I'm a bit fuzzy regarding the current status of production with the trailsides. As I understand it, they are still made and sold in other parts of the world as the Hammerli Xesse. SIGARMS no longer imports them to America (I don't think SIG really has anything to do with the pistol anymore anywhere). I read multiple times that Walther was going to be importing them, but I've never once seen any evidence that it ever happened.

I would highly recommend picking one up while they can be had at a good price. Used ones are usually going for around what they were new, so they might go up as supply drys up. They are extremely accurate for the price. They would not leave the factory unless they could shoot under 1" groups at 25 yds. They all came w/ a test target. Another huge plus is that they are very easy to take down and clean. My main complaint about these guns is that they come with a plastic under-barrel weight (really not much of a weight). The stock weight's screw is also plastic, and strips very easily. I got an after market aluminum weight which adds a bit more weight and is held in place by two allen screws. You can also get steel weights for a bit more money than the aluminum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.