Sig 1911 Emperor Scorpion - Magazines? | 1911 Forums at 1911Talk.com

Sig 1911 Emperor Scorpion - Magazines?

Discussion in 'Sig Sauer 1911' started by Kilo_One_One, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Kilo_One_One

Kilo_One_One New Member

Hey guys! First post (other than my introduction) here since I registered last month!

Well, I finally got to go pay down my Washingtons on the Emperor Scorpion (Full size, 45 ACP)!! My first gun, but I can't pick it up until tomorrow at the earliest (background check backlog, UGH!), but I've already paid, so I know its going to pass.

ANYWAY, a friend and I were talking about ammo and magazines, and first thing he says is I will buy 500 rounds for us to go play around on, but you need to get bigger mags if you can!

So I know you can get up to 15 round mags for the 1911... What I don't know is; What mags are garbage and what ones aren't? Are there any sort of magazine I CAN'T use with the Emperor Scorpion?

I don't assume there are any strange particulars, but, like I said, this is MY first gun, so I need you guys for knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2020
  2. Youngdon

Youngdon New Member

I always stay with the standard 8rnd mags. Anything larger isn’t what I’d have in a critical situation. So you have to change mags, it’s good practice and your ammo will last longer.
    You’re gonna love your Sig.

3. Heli-guns43558

Heli-guns43558 New Member

I go with Don. I bought the Emperor Scorpion and bought additional mag from SARCO. They work fine.

4. CavalryRadioMan

CavalryRadioMan New Member

Colt used to make some 10 round mags for the 1911. I have a few. They fit well, but I haven't
    tried them yet. They will stick out about 1 1/4 inches below the grip.