1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 9mm (locked-breech) version of the LCP may have been slightly larger, but I believe that the pistol would have filled the conceable SD 'bill' even better! We all know how a small, yet powerful autoloader has long been one of the greatly desired pistols in modern history. A 9mm locked-breach version of the LCP would likely have been a much better option than the slightly smaller .380 ACP.

Frankly, I would rather hit the BG with fewer, yet more powerful rounds. You can usually manage concealing the slightly larger pistol... unless you are wearing nothing but a pair of swimming trunks!

JMHO,

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
When the LCP cam out I adoped the wait for the 9mm birth. When it comes I will look at it.

It may be a good while before they are readily available if they are as popular as the LCP

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I had the Kel-Tec 9mm, and it is a whopper of a recoil, so be prepared.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
This is why I TRULY enjoy my Zastava M88! While just a smidgen larger than the Colt M1903 in .380, it carries a full-power 9mm Parabellum/Luger 'punch' without sharing an exceedingly large SA/DA platform. For $230.00 (+ tax) you can't beat the simplicity of the Tokarev design!

BTW, what is the 'tarriff' on one of those Rohrbaugh pistols?

Scott

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm still waiting on my .380LCP. I've been on a waiting list for a while. I should call and see if I've moved up on the list. For what it's worth, a 9mm version should have the same round capacity since a 9mm and .380 are the same diameter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You have to believe the people at Ruger considered 9mm for the LCP. I am sure they wanted to compete with other small easy to shoot pistols by offering a quality pistol at a good price. There are already lots of fairly small 9mm pistols on the market. Walther, Glock and Sig already have that market pretty well covered. Dad 'O" 3 has also has a pretty good point. The LCP would have a bigger recoil in 9mm many that would probably find unpleasant or less pleasant to shoot. Take a look at the SIG p239 in 9mm or 40 S&W - it is small, easy to conceal and very powerful for its size.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a LCP and the recoil is light. Just bought a Kel-Tec PF-9 and have yet to get to the range to test. My guess is a 9mm LCP would be about the size of the PF-9. Imagine recoil on a LCP in 9mm, ouch!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.