1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy I know wants to trade me his almost spankin' new Sig 229 Elite 9mm for my Arsenal AK.

This 229 has the SRT (Short Reset Trigger). Jerry, you know about those right? Are they that much of an improvement over the normal SA pull?

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
If he is willing to do a trade with no cash then I would say that is a good deal. I just got the 229 DAK TT in .357sig and it is now doing a rotation for carry with my Nighthawk. I also have the same mind set as azmick with the fact that the .45 will never shrink, but at the same time with modern hp ammo any of the major cals should get the job done. As far as the 250 I have read mixed reviews on sigforum.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
While the prices may be somewhere around equal, you have to remember one thing. The AK stands a much higher chance of being banned when Obama and the other democrats take office, and you won't be able to replace it.
If it were me, I would keep my AK, unless you had others.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I told him no deal. I'm with you,AK's may be an endangered species before too long.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Zero, I must have it!!!! :biggrin: I just sold my SAR-1 on gunbroker.com for more than twice what I paid for it. Once the payment reaches my bank, I'm ordering a Bulgarian SSR85, or buying a yugo under folder that a friewnd at a my local gunstore will hold for me. The price is the same, so I'd rather have the brand new Bulgarian, but the Yugos are nice too (I just don't like that they don't have chrome lined bores).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.