1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a shotgun lover. My favorite is the pump action 12 gauge. I like the idea you can have different barrels for different purposes. By changing loads and barrels you can cover everything for birds to bears including two legged beasts.

I think everyone should have one or two especially with the recent political shift. It is a very good investment.

It does not have to be the most expensive tacticool model to be effective and it is probably more versatile if it is not.

I think the shotguns would be the last guns on a ban list.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I too like Shotguns. I have a mossy 500 I bought probably in the mid 80's in San diego for a little over 100 new and put a pistol grip on for bedside and its been great. It needs a little tlc and I'm threatening to do some customizing on it but I wouldn't part with it.

That makes me think of when a friend there shot it and I put some 00 buck about 3 shells in after bird shot.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I like shotties too, have an Ithaca 37 USGI (gotta love slam fire!), an 870P and a 11-87.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Shotguns is the one area I may be lacking in. I have my old Ithica 37 Deerslayer in 16 ga, and I have a Beretta S687L 12ga Over/Under. Not exactly what you want for bedside. So I`m thinking when work finally slows up a little in a month or so, of starting to keep an eye open for a good used 12 ga pump to bolster the shottie department.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Shotguns are an essential home defense tool. I had a Benelli Nova for some time, but it was traded for a SW1911. Now I have a Remington 870 Express Synthetic with the six round magazine (7 total), and I will never be without it. I have it resting in the space between my nightstand (containing my cocked and locked 1911) and headboard. Nothing fancy about it, all I did was polish the bead sight, add a mercury recoil reducer, and a Limbsaver recoil pad.
Shotguns Rock:shades:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.