1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I like the rz-45, checker the front strap and bobtail it and it's a cbob's big brother.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I would rather see a lightweight cbob than a cco. Far as I'm concerned bobtails conceal as easy and have a full size mag.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
You mean lightweight cbob frame right? That would be sweet indeed.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
For a carry Gun that is rarely shot I would consider a light frame, but most of my frames are of stainless and Carbon Steel for the weight to help tame the recoil and get fixed on
my second shot fast. I shot my Bobtail from Wesson this morning and like always it never fails me and I was able to lay 6 out of 8 shot from each mag in the 3'' circle @25 yards.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I think it's obvious a lightweight bobtail would be for carry, but I will shoot a lightweight the same as any other gun. Theres really not enough difference in recoil to even notice as far as I am concerned. I notice no difference in getting the follow up shot between lightweight or steel, not any recoil that needs taming. I notice even very little difference in my lightweight officers and my steel commanders. The colt lightweight commander I had was pretty much the same as my steel commanders. Even tupperware .45's have a tame recoil.

So you rarely shoot your sig p220's vic? Bad recoil? They are aluminum frame.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Haha, i figured it just came out wrong. Happens to all of us.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Does DW still offer the CCO with the steel frame???

Or did they discontinue it?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
May be wrong but I think it is discontinued.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
You have a cbob vic. The steel frame cco is pre cz.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Figured it would be discontinued...I'd like to have one.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I know where one of the old steel frames is, at least was still not long ago, its new in box (would still have the old lifetime warranty. It's been there for years.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Sounds good...but its not something I can buy right away, just something I thought I may try to get my hands on sometime in the future.

I'm still laid off...I don't have much in the way of funds right now.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
The cbob and cco are two different guns. The steel frame cco is the one we were talking about being discontinued, you have a cbob. The cco has an officers size frame.

The cbob is still being made and they are ALL stainless frame and slide.

Here are the models they are currently making:

http://www.cz-usa.com/products_dan_wesson.php

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.