1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a training course this past Saturday. One guy came with a Wilson Protector and was very generous to let me shoot his gun. His target already had some holes in it so I picked a clear spot and let off 8 fairly quick shots. Between the other holes in the paper, my filthy eyeshields over my regular prescription glasses and the noise of 6 other shooters on the line, I just couldn't tell if I was even hitting anything - I was expecting to make a nice close group, but I couldn't see any new holes as I kept shooting. I figured I misaligned the sights and missed the paper all together When I stepped off the line, the guys told me I ripped them all in about the same hole.

all I can say is: would be nice to add a Wilson to the stable.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I'd say - go for it. It's only money.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
ya only live once go for it

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
I really like mine another vote for the go for it.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Never shot one but heald one once. Dont know that I will ever be able to own one. Since all my pistols came to me w/ "experience" I will probably never own one. There are not many on the used boards.
They sure are fine pistols.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
folks, thanks for the kind wishes, but this is the case of "so many guns, so little money". :) Maybe I'll get one down the line. For now I've got some things in mind (not gun related) that I'd rather spend that 2K+ on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts