1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Scottsdale, AZ last week and had the pleasure of shooting with Vic
at a indoor range in Mesa, AZ I must tell you that he is one very good shot and I learned a lot from Vic.

Thank you
Chief-7700

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I would like to shoot with you at PRG sometime. I am a a decent shot just slow and maybe you can give me some pointers to speed me up a little, Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I shoot every Thursday there. I just got home from there, Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Sounds great. This weekend I will be shooting the steel challenge at Ben Avery, Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I wish I could afford a 1050. I do have a 550 with a case feeder and a SDB. I love Dillon, Mirando

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Oh I broke the bank on this one, but going in half with my shooting partner so hopefully will try some new loads and stick with just the .45 dies for a while. I found some .175 Lead bullets SWC that I want to work up a light but accurate load with. I have some for the .200 grain and .185 grain, but not yet the .170 grain SWC. I will give a field report
Vic

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well I was going to start a new thread but what can you guys tell me about AZ? I was thinking of asking to change duty stations to Yuma but have never been in that area and would like to know what is around their to do. You leave out CA if my guns can't go I don't go. I do have a wife and 3 little girls ages 4, 2, and 9 wks.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
USMCP if you move to AZ let me be the first to invite you to our shooting range in Casa Grande, about two hours east of Yuma. We would set up a steel match in your honor and you can meet a great bunch of guys, Mirando.

PS If you have off quads,boats or jet ski's Yuma is a great place for this kind of rec.

·
Registered
883 Posts
What does it take to buy a pistol there. Here in NC I have to ask my command then ask the PM (Military Police Chief) then get a background check at the county court house then I can go buy a pistol even with my Texas CHL. I do know that AZ honors my CHL so I would be good there I would just have to learn where I can and can't carry. Is there any ranges close to Yuma that shoot USPSA? I have one here and its only 5 min down the road. Its like my second home.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
You can buy a gun here over the counter as we have instant check. Your permit is good here. I am an instructor and am positive about that. As for ranges in Yuma, I dont know as I dont go down there for shooting. In the Phoenix area there are lots. Remember, AZ recognizes all other state permits. We are still free here, Mirando

·
Banned
1,461 Posts

Just got home from the Range using my SIG TTT 1911 I shot all Rapid fire one Mag after another using the same loads of titegroup and not a single problem and though I went fast I would say considering I am shooting @ 40 feet and this old guy's eye's are not what they use to be I felt good . I shot over 70 holes in that 3'' Target
S/F Vic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.