1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly got my custom built M1A to the range for sighting in my newly aqired Shepherd V1 6-18 X 40 scope. Face it there are numerious high end scopes out there to include, Leupold, Nikon, Ziess, Night Force, ect. All known for there outstanding performance. Shepherd Scopes inc. is often overlooked because mainly of name recognition. I was turned on to them by a customer in my industry who is an avid hunter and target shooter. After much research on thier website and talking with local folks, I made my decsion as to which model best fit my needs. I elected the V1 6-18 X 40 to adorn my battle ready custom built M1A. The ease of setting up battle sight zero on a Shepherd Scope is unsurpassed by none in the high end scope market. There are four turrets on the scope, two large, and two small. Putting the M1A in a "Sled", I took my first shot at 100 yards. I then adjusted the two small turrets(windage/elevation) to circumfrance the placed shot on target. Once step 1 was completed, I then adjusted the two large turrets(windage/elevation) to bring the crosshairs back to center. Done!!! My next 5 shots were dead on with no adjustments needed. Putting the target out to 200, and 300 yards, I used the BDC(Bullet Drop Compensater) rings for the distance required of target placement. Not only is it simple to set up, but by using the BDC rings you can generaly range targets with out using a stand alone range finder. Great scope for the money. I was able to find one on ebay per my needs, cheaper than what the manufacturer wanted on thier website. Shepherd Scopes have several different models that will fit your needs, and come with a video tape explaning uses and sighting in techniques. A thumbs up from capttom, on this scope and the folks that build them. Thanks for your intrest, capttom.:wavey::flag:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.