1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a woman...:smile: she means business.

She handled an XD 45 compact at a gun show a while back and loved it. I had promised it to her for Christmas but that didn't quite work out either.

Tax refund time...
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122608138

I just bought this for my wife...I'll be glad to see her carrying a 45. I'm not sure if the supplied holster and mag carrier will work for her or not, but holsters are plentiful for the XD's.

10 rounds in the gun, 13 in the spare mag (I'm in the process of ordering another 13 round mag too)...the price was a tad high, but the all black XD 45 Compacts cannot be found anywhere except online auctions...and I figured the prices would get worse instead of better.

I'll add pics when it gets here in few days as well as a range report.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Very Kool:shades:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like a great choice.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...

All the paperwork has been faxed and the pistol was shipped to my FFL this morning....I (she) should have it by Monday or Teusday.

That guy that I bought it from is kinda new on Gunbroker (I think), but he is fast, friendly, and professional.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Ridge you ever do business with buds? They are great, good prices and keep their online sales separated from their local sales. New guns have not been played around with in their shop by local customers. They are out of kentucky. I didn't price them there, but when I buy new I know where to stop bidding and just get it from them.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

I used to have a couple of xd's, I like the grip angle they are nice.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have looked at Buds...their prices are great most of the time, but they didn't have any all black XD 45 Compacts at the time...the last one they had sold for $504.

I know I didn't really get a "steal"...but I've been looking at them online for weeks, they were always "out of stock" everywhere. I got tired of looking at them...

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The funny thing is...with this, its official...she has more pistols than I do.

To be fair though...most of my "toys" are more expensive than hers (a Baer, custom barrels on some of my rifles, high dollar scopes, etc.)

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Yea, I can understand getting tired of waiting and "biting" the bullet.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it today...SHE LOVES IT.

The XD really takes the recoil out of the 45 acp...softest shooting 45 I've ever fired, even with my deer loads. Its not as thick as I thought it would be which is a good thing.

Waiting on a holster is gonna be the downside...she has decided IWB may be the way to go after all so I called Milt Sparks and they do in fact make holsters for the XD's (some say they don't)...I'd like to be lucky enough to find a Versa Max II on Ebay at a decent price (not likely).

The sights are dead on (no 6 o'clock hold on this one)...she hit the target (paper plate) EVERY shot at ranges from 5 to 25 yards.

No jams as of yet...we are going to burn up another 300 rounds in a little while, we just stopped to eat dinner.

·
Trout Bum
66 Posts
I have an XD service and love shooting it (not as much as my 1911's). I would highly recommend an MTAC for IWB. Super comfortable and many different bodies available for other pistols if you want to swap or change up. Readily available while you wait for your Sparks.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Very nice. Sounds like a cool gal.

I've tried to let my wife shoot Glocks and 1911's...I'm kinda glad my wife just wants her Smith 19, imagine how expensive this could be if we both were shooters!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
350 rounds = 0 malfunctions and all rounds hit the targets.

Now I want one...she said I could get one when I find a job. I love my 1911 but I now know what Clint Smith likes about this pistol, its an easy gun to shoot fast...accurately (very fast) and 13 rounds of 45 acp is interesting. Its also built to handle the hot loads that I have come to enjoy for hunting (230's @ 900 fps from a 4" barrel), fully supported chamber, well sprung, and easy on the hand.

I'm not exactly a convert to polymer...but I do understand their merits now. (ugly but it works :) )

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
BadGuys think it is ugly from their end too.
She made a good choice. Son & son in law have one & really like them.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like a cool gal.
She is...here we are at Big South Fork riding a couple of years ago (father in law behind camera)

An outdoorsy type...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.