1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my hair was getting pretty shaggy and I couldn't take it anymore,especially with the August heat. Off to the barber ZeroTA goes and now I'm easy-breezy,baby. I love it...but my wife says I look like a crackhead.

Before:

...and after...

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
You should have done it a month ago when it was really hot. I like it.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I thought you said you shaved your head!!!
Thats just a buzz, I been shaving my noggin in the shower for 7 years. Smooth......

·
Registered
883 Posts
Add a bic to your head and then it will be shaved. I did it at the begining of both of my deployments since it was more than 100 degrees when I got to Iraq. Looks good, you could pass for a crack head if you had some dirtier clothes on. J/K

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Not a crackhead I arrested one of those a couple of days ago for stealing. But maybe a Grunt that has been downrange too long and needs some R&R maybe.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks good. I started either buzzing my head with no guard on the the clippers or shaving it with a bic (which I prefer but am too lazy to do regular enough) about 5 years ago. Yesterday I went to a barber for the first time in a long time (because I didn't have time to buzz it myself). I told him to take all the hair off, next thing I knew he rubbed shaving cream all over the top of my head and got a straight razor out...I made sure to sit very still.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I took my balding hair down in stages over the course of a year. Then I bought my own clippers and have been cutting my own hair for a little over 7 years now. have saved a fourtune in haircuts and used the money for important things like ammo..

My wife was not thrilled when I shaved my head several years ago but once she got used to the "buzzcut" she likes it. I re-buzz every two weeks or so and really like it.

For my 30 years in the USCG I ALWAYS wore my hair to the maximum length allowed by regulation. This ment a standing appointment with the Barber every two weeks. I was looked at closly during inspections but NEVER gigged.
I had an XO that was not fond of me check my hair cut every day for a couple months. Finially met him in the Barber Shop one day and the Barber told him I was his best customer :smile:. The man never looked at my hair again but used me as an example to others.:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
hahahahaha, aint that the truth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.