1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this has been done many times before and I am risking bieng flamed to death by you guys for this but..

what is the difference between USMC Force Recon or Army Rangers/SF?

I'm not really shure and I'm sick of all of these 'who is better' stuff by guys who know nothing about spec ops. I prefer to hear it from the guys who where really there and know what they are talking about.

I'm also thinking of joining. Im 17 now and want to join up when I get out of high school. I'm still trying to decide what would be better for me, the Marines or Army (such as Rangers or Airborne).
As you can tell, I have a fascination with weapons and shooting so I think Marines would be a better choice. Also with the army nowadays changing everything and lowering standards....

Just something i've been wanting to clear up for a while.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was in the Rangers some 25 years ago and I would say it is a good way to go IF you can get on one of the special teams. Having said that, I went thru training with both Marine Force Recon and Navy Seals, I would put the Navy Seals up against anybody in the world without hesitating.

All depends on what you want. The Seals tend to work in smaller teams while the Rangers and Force Recon tend to work in support of larger operations, at least that is how it was 25 years ago….

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I agree with you tcotariu, I was on the same base with seal team one when I was with the amphibious seabees and the rangers and recon used to come and do some training with the seals. Those guys would say the same think about the seals. They absolutely have the toughest training regimen of any of them.

That being said one should go with whatever they like best.

·
1911auto Supporters
149 Posts
I still think the Air Force PJ is one of the best.
to be a Pararescueman the student enters a 12-month training schedule that includes Basic Airborne qualification, HALO qualification, Combat Swimmer/Diver qualification, basic combat infantry skills, and other training associated with Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE), basic emergency medical training, combat medical training, and paramedic certification

·
Registered
331 Posts
Those guys are nuts. I heard they'll jump onto a ship at sea to help someone.

·
1911auto Supporters
149 Posts
Quality First
"Only 70% of 170 USAF Pararescue operators' slots...are filled",
Air Force SpecOps commander says.
"Reason: 70% failure of airmen attending 62-week Pararescue course."
- Soldier of Fortune Magazine, July 1997

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any of the AF Spec Ops fields are good. I was with them back when they were the Air Commandos in the late '60s early '70s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts