1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Colt Series 70 (reproduction) Government Model with a early 1960s Colt National Match military contract slide as done by Bob Miller. Bob fit the slide which included a custom dovetailed front sight, removed flat spots in the top of the slide and lowered and flared the ejection port. The flats were there to accommodate the type of front and rear sight used on military team guns in the 1960s. Bob did an action job and also all the prep work (including getting rid of the sharp edges) before it was blued. It also has a Grieder trigger (4 lb. pull) and King-Tappan rear sight.
Nothing radical here but it has Bob's usual attention to detail and meticulous execution.
It's a classic retro blaster and it's a Colt ! :dancingbananna:

Additional pics on Bob's web site.

7 shots @25 yds. from a rest, 1.25" spread
185 grn Match
:gun;

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice indeed

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet, how many rounds have you put through it?
I just got it back today and the weather hasn't been too good here. The target is from a test by Bob Miller, using, I believe a Ransom Rest.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I hate you Bill, I really really hate you!

:wink:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Love that serial # on the frame. Or is it just blanked out?

Is that a serial # on the left side of the slide? If so, I didn't know slides came with #'s on them. Tracy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love that serial # on the frame. Or is it just blanked out?

Is that a serial # on the left side of the slide? If so, I didn't know slides came with #'s on them. Tracy
Serial # on the frame is blacked out and the number on the left side of the slide is the military contract number. :gun;

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate you Bill, I really really hate you!
:wink:
I have to get Bob Miller to do my pistols now before he gets famous and I can't afford him. Sorry you feel bad but you can always come down sometime and shoot it. :flag:

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Thank you Sir, we'll have to do that sometime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts