1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently picked up several thosand round cases from J&G Sales, Prescott, AZ. Price break gets you down to $15.00-$16.00 per 50 cnt box. Here in Arizona we are paying $20.00 per 50 cnt box of the cheap stuff. in local gun shops. You can by Walmart Winchester white box the cheapest, but the ammo is very dirty, and you are sometimes triple cleaning your pistols. I have been shooting the Seller & Belliot for over ten years, and find it to be one of the best 45 acp 230 grain hard ball ammo out there. It's clean, shoots well, and never a jam issue. It's not of match grade quality, but I would put it up against most match grade ammo manufactures in reliability & tight group results. Thanks for your intrest. Happy holiday's to all, capttom.:wavey::flag::flag:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I agree. Been using it for 5 years. Never a problem.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
interesting observation

I agree WWB isn't the cleanest in the world and I've found Federal American Eagle to be one of the dirtiest (not as bad as WOLF though)

maybe the S&B i shot was manufactured years ago and the newer stuff is cleaner, cause it wasn't very clean.

It was fine ammo though, and nothing would stop me from buying it if on sale.

side note, from what I've read, Winchester contracts S&B to make some of their ammo.
I'm told that any WWB that doesn't have the "made in USA" logo is S&B

of the half dozen or more different factory ammos I've shot, cheap ole Blazer and Blazer Brass is the cleanest

BTW, Natchez has Blazer on sale right now for $12.99 box

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Winchester White Box, S+B subcontract

Intresting info that S+B makes WWB ammo for them. I'd bet it is loaded to Winchesters spec's and budget allotment. I'd bet its not made to S+B's standards, and powder spec's due to thier Branded label 45 acp being preaty clean stuff, and 100% no fail rate that I have experienced up to this point.:thinking: I am sure S+B gave them a smokin deal, for sub spec ammo not built to thier standard spec's. Many Ammo manufacturers build different levels of standards/specs of thier pistol/rifle calibers. All in all, still an intresting piece of information that one of America's oldest Ammo Manufacturers trusts S+B enough to to put thier name on a sub contracted line, of a USA Ammo Manufacturer. capttom!:flag:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I have shot very little of their ammo. I have reloaded a LOT of their brass & it reloads good. I will pick up all yall shoot. You have a standing invitation to Angelina Rifle & Pistol Club as my guest. BYOA:wavey:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Captom,

I like S&B too. Its one ammo where foriegn does not mean poorly made. I would love to be able to buy ammo in that quantity. It would take me a long time to shoot it all but I could store it if I had it. That's an excellent investment.
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Good ammo & EXCELLENT brass for reloading.
My .02cents & some think it worth half that.:wavey:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Several years back I bought a 1k round case of S&B 357Sig after purchasing my 3rd Gen Glock 32. To make a long story short, the ammo had hard primers. After numerous attempts to rectify the situation with S&B, nothing. So as far as I'm concerened, their customer service is nill. No more S&B for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.