1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a 10mm platform 1911, i have been told that fusion is one of the best, ridgerunner665 recomended that i come here and ask, so here i am.. i will be using the 1911 for carry (against 2-4 legged creatures), one of my main questions is will the No.64 handle full power loads (Double Tap, Buffalo Bore). i have owned a Springfield Armory 1911 loaded 9mm, loved it but had to sell do to moving, my wife has given me permission to buy a 1911, my criteria is quality, longevity, and that it works when i have to pull the trigger defending my self or my family against 2-4 legged critters (we live in the country),
please give me all the opinions and constructive criticism that i need to help me make an informed decision.
Thank you all
Brett

thank you ridgerunner665 for inviting me here!!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
You're welcome...somebody will be along later that can answer your questions...may be tomorrow though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The quality of Fusion has never been suspect and everyone that posts a report has nothing but glowing things to say about Fusion in terms of quality and customer service. I can personally attest the customer service aspect of that equation (haven't yet received my tactical .. due in March or so)

Anyway. The options are, for all intents and purposes, unlimited. Take a look around and see what floats your boat. 4"? 5"? 6"? Government frame? Commander frame?

Which grips? Rear cocking serration size? Do you want front-cocking serrations? Which trigger, hammer, safety? Magwell? Which sights? Front strap serrations, checkering, chainlink? Rear strap? Finish? Color? Tac rail? You getting the picture yet? Lots of ways to customize.

That said, the #64, as is stands, is damn good looking and I'd be happy with a box stock one.

Personally, I went with a .40 cal 5" tactical, wide rear cocking serrations, no front-cocking serrations, novak fixed low-mount night sights, XS tritium front sight, max well, checkered front and back straps, carbon-fiber trigger, and a couple of aesthetic pieces (flush mount slide stop pin, flush cut barrel, top-of-slide serrations) ... the entire thing finished in Ion Bond black with smooth red cocabolo grips.

Good luck with whatever you chose ... I'm sure you'll love it.

Billy Ng

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
I believe the 10mm 1911 is the best defensive handgun one could own against both 2 and 4 legger critters and my Fusion Scout 10mm has surpassed my Delta Elite as my favorite. The quality built into the Fusion is outstanding as is their advise during the build and service after delivery. For a 10mm 1911 or 1911 parts and kits I offer my strongest recommendation.

Frank

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
+1, Mirando

·
Registered
93 Posts
thanks all, the only question left is, what about full power loads i.e. Double Tap, is a steady diet of the rounds going to cause premature ware on any parts?
No more so than any other 1911. My recommendation would be to make sure Bob includes some varying weight recoil springs (on the heavy side of course) with your purchase so you can find the strongest spring that will properly cycle that ammo. That will reduce the battering of the frame by the slide.

Billy Ng

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would just add my recommendation for Fusion in general. The attention to detail, great customer service, willingness to listen to the customer, and as others have said the quality of work, makes Fusion a no brainer in my opinion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bob is great. I have not purchased a fusion yet but he always answered my emails. And there has been alot of them. Deciding between a 9mm anf a 40. He will get my business. Placing my order this week if I can decide between the calibers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.