1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever been in a situation where you had to pull a concealed weapon? Defend yourself in your home? Have you ever had any situations where you thought you would have to?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just yesterday I was walking home from the Post Office when a drive-by happened right down the street. All they hit was the block wall. I was ducking and reaching. Don't tell the Postal Inspectors I carried in there!

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Theres a reason its called concealed...

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
This happened 10/29/07

The story...(remember, I'm a truck driver)

I pulled into a TA truckstop to get fuel and food at about 10:30 am. after fueling I went inside to Burger King and got a meal to go, then went back to the truck to eat. I was sitting in the sleeper...about 3 bites into my Whopper when my truck door came open and a black male about my age (34) climbed in and sat down for about 1 second, then turned toward the sleeper...it was about this time that he decided he had gotten in the wrong truck. What he saw was me chewing up a bite of Whopper with a 45 pointed at his head...about 2 feet away.
He quickly said he had accidently gotten in the wrong truck...I replied "You're damn right you did"...then he carefully backed out of my truck and left.

Maybe he was telling the truth...after all, I have stuck my key in the wrong truck door...a couple of times.

Maybe he just didnt expect the 45...I'll never know.

I ALWAYS lock my doors when I'm in the truck...why I didnt that time is beyond me.

OK...now everybody can tell me what I did wrong (or right) besides not locking my door....BTW I was in Georgia...I75...I cant remember the exit #... 236 maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
You did right. He could have been mistaken as far as the truck. He was mistaken as far as the victim or intimidated free ride.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Never had to draw but I have had 2 in the last 20+ yrs. 1st was before carry & no cell phone.
I worked at a foundry here & had the 2nd shift. Finced parking so not available to the public but after clearing the gate it was no place to be walking for sure.
2:30 am & left. I got in no hurry at that time heading home. Iwas always ragged out. Drove past the local animal shelter & as I did saw vehicle lights come on down the side of the building. No deal. It was a spot for the kids to park. Pulled in behind me but would not go around. 1st red flag. Half a mile there is a stop sign at a crossroads. As I approach I see a car stoped & across both lanes w/ the hood up. A gentleman (I use the term loosly:biggrin:) is standing by the car. I stop a good 50 feet from it seeing the set up. Car behind is right on my bumper. Doors are locked. Knife out now. That is all I have. I look at the situation quickly. The ditch on the left is relatively flat. I am in my pickup. Decision is simple. Go around at a HIGH speed & if he steps out.....sad singin & slow walkin.
As soon as I got around him I made the 1st turn I could to return to the intersection on the open road to see if I was right. Sure enough, neither of them there. Muggin was about to take place.
Awareness is the 1st line of defense even if you are carrying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK...now everybody can tell me what I did wrong (or right) besides not locking my door....BTW I was in Georgia...I75...I cant remember the exit #... 236 maybe.
One glaring mistake. No cheese on the whopper... how can you get a whopper without cheese? :dancingbananna:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts