1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a Fusion Scout in the New YUKON coat Metallic/Black. I would love to hear from all of you on the color combo's that you like. I like the military desert tan but I can only think of it going with black??? Any suggestions?? Help me out

Fusion SCOUT XL- YUKON in 45 acp, YUKON Metallic/Black combo

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I think the darker colors overpower a light color, and makes the gun look off-balance somehow. Try a reversal of what you have. Light slide and extras on a black frame.
Or a OD green would match the gray a little better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How 'bout sniper grey slide with the silver frame, so you don't have as much contrast. Or OD frame and sniper grey slide. Or...
anything with sniper grey, just love that color.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Bob,

I just want to see every color combo you can think of. Sometimes a combo might not sound very appealing, but when you actually see it, it might be amazing. I say you should just play around with different combos and see what is most appealing. Anything that turns out to be unsatisfactory can be sent directly to me :wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
donkey77 has a great idea

Donkey77, said it best, that any Fusion Firearms 1911's that are not appealing in contrasting Yukon coatings, should be sent to him! How about every other one is sent to him, and the ones he dosent get, I do! ! ! We the avid 1911 collector's & shooter's, all like our 1911's to look as good as they perform, but the basic importance in any pistol is that it functions flawlessly when you need it most. Speaking from experience, when the **** hits the fan, and your last breath is at stake, you'd better have a back up that performs flawlessly to save your ass, even if its green with yellow poka dots!!! Our wives who once in a while come up with something good, make us remember why we married them. Most of my wife's comments on guns in general, are out in left field, but I mentioned Bob's request to her about Yukon color coatings that might be appealing. To my suprise she said, "how about, black slide, black controls, over copper frame". After her comment stuck in my brain for a while, I realized that her comment had some merit, and the black/copper contrast would be quite appealing. As usual she has supprised me again with an idea of merit. The black over copper would be bad ass, especialy with Fusion Firearms high end internals. :flag:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think you know my two cents Bob. The color contrast is very much like you built for me and I think the two colors look great together. Beautiful job. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I like the black over copper idea. I have a Sig P220 Combat TB and it has almost a copper frame. It is one of the most beautiful gun colors I have ever seen. They look much better in person than they do in pictures.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Bob has it right though for a two tone, a two tone is a black slide and a reverse 2 tone is a black frame. I like it.

I'm with randy on the black grips.

OK. laugh at me but I think a pink frame would be a good option for the ladies and I think we can use all the ladies we can get as shooters. La adelita flipped over the pink frame sig mosquito.

·
Registered
128 Posts
servaw.....I like the military desert tan but I can only think of it going with black??? Any suggestions?? Help me out
I can't find a good picture of the pattern. How about something to match the Marine Corps (MARPAT) utility uniform? Everyone knows the US Marines have the best (looking) uniforms. :shades:

http://www.civiliangunner.com/MARPAT/

Is there a tasteful way to apply these colors to a 1911?

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The camo is very hard to do and Adds Huge $$ we do have some Camo grips like this though. I will get some pictures of them up for you guys to look at.

AND ..... Copper color... Yes, That may be a good one. Girls do come in handy...see:biggrin::biggrin: Just kidding, I used to shoot with a girl years ago, small bore rifle. She would always kick my ***,
Another cute story... I used to shoot bench rest in Collage and I was OK but not going to be in the top shooters. But one day I Shot a .208 five shot group with my .22 ppc and I was proud as a Olympic star until a lady shot a better group by a few thousandths and again broke my heart.:rofl: Oh well... I guess I will just keep trying, I hopefully will win someday.:biggrin:

The copper does sound good... Let's see what we can do.

Thanks for all the input,
:smile::smile:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I actually like it the way it is in the picture. That's hard for me to say because I am not big at all on a dark color slide and light color frame, but I like that one. I think it is because of the grips.

That's my opinoin anyway, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Bob, I like it as pictured!!!!

Bob, speaking of women and guns I shoot quite often and most of the time the same woman is also at the range and always happens to be next to me. We are both shooting full size 1911's in 45ACP and she is always so much better than I am and I thought that I was pretty darn good!!! Well I finally spoke to her and it turns out that she is with a Government Agency!!!! (FBI) No wonder she shoots so well. Of course I think women in general have better control and concentration in shooting firearms.:smile:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bob; My wife likes you even more since you agreed with her on the black slide over copper frame Yukon coating idea she had. Sure would like to see that Yukon Coating color package on one of your new commander hi cap's to be available in the near future. If you were to set it up with skelatonized hammer/trigger, single right hand shooter saftey, Houge wrap around finger groved grips, rear 2 dot green/ red front contrasting Truglo fiber optic sights, yukon Black slide/controls, and Yukon Copper frame, I would purchase it sight unseen. Make sure its available with two mags, and don't post it on this forum until you sell it to me. You can again state "another fine crefted 1911 on its way to Arizona for some fun in the sun". By the way, how's my "NCOM" build going? Is it still a realy cool build? Thanks, capttom!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.