1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was used, but in like new condition.
Judging from the wear/scuffs on the barrel hood, round count was way low.

I was told it was a "pre CZ" DW.

Don't recall what model it was.
it wasn't a Pointman and didn't have a bobtail.

it was stainless, full size, had front and rear cocking serrations, stippled front strap and adjustable target sights.
Also had an external extractor.

It really tickled my fancy and has me thinking about spending my "sneak" money on it
It was at a dealer's table and he's "somewhat" local to me.
About an hour drive north.

anyone have an idea what model?
(if someone mentions it, i might recall)
and do they still use an external extractor?

asking price was $750
"deal or no deal"??

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey Cap,
While I can't help you with the model (sounds like maybe an old model marksman?), I can tell you that DW production is going to total 3,000 units inclusive of all their models. They are getting very hard to come by and prices that were $950 new last year are now starting at $1,100. The pre CZ models are solid and even sought after. If I had the money, for $775 I'd snag it if it's in good condition. Worst case you could sell it later if you decide it's not for you for some reason and more than recover your money.
Sarge

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
A barely used Patriot is easily worth $750. Go,buy now.

Patriots used an external extractor, but it's the exact same one that S&W uses so it's good to go.

And they don't make the Patriot anymore, but it was DW's flagship model before CZ took over.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Those were a sweet deal when they were new going for 500.00.

·
Forum Supporters
51 Posts
I dug around in the back bottom of the safe and found this:

Pre-CZ, new unfired--just never yet got around to playing with it.
Is this what it looked like?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't know. Is there a value difference between pre and post CZ models? My only DW is a post CZ.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
The pre cz's went for about 500.00 new, of course they have gone up as the new ones have shot up in price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.