Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did. Its up to you.
This was posted at the Bersa Talk forums.
Please take a min to read the article and then go to the link and sign the petition. Then copy this post to all the gun forums you go to to spread the word.

http://www.savethesecond.com/thanks.asp

In a great victory for the American People, the U.S. Court of Appeals overturned the DC handgun ban saying it was a violation of the second amendment. For the first time in years a court held that the second amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms. The United States Supreme Court has agreed to hear the case. Defenders of the second amendment have been working hard for just this moment in history for years.

Last Friday, the United States Solicitor General filed formal briefs asking the Supreme Court not to affirm the lower court’s decision. This is just outrageous. The Solicitor General is the Federal Government’s lawyer. So, now we have the federal government using our tax dollars to argue for a delay on a ruling concerning our fundamental rights.

Take action today - sign this petition to let the government know that you value your second amendment rights. Together, we can ensure that your rights are protected. For the first time in years we have the opportunity for the Supreme Court to clearly say that the second amendment applies to all Americans and that no government can ban all handguns.

Let your voice be heard - sign the petition today.

It is difficult to exaggerate what is at stake in this case; it is the first major Supreme Court review of the Second Amendment in over seventy years. This case will likely establish an important precedent on the issue of second amendment rights - let us make sure that it is one that protects our rights.

Sign the petition today – together we can protect our Second Amendment rights.

Thanks for Signing
Have Signed the Petition

Rep. Eric Cantor
United States Congressman

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
Well, I did sign the petition, but I do need to note that we can't really castigate the Solicitor General. He is one of several lawyers representing the District of Columbia in this litigation, and his name appears on the opening brief as such. It is therefore his job and ethical obligation as the D. C.'s attorney to argue its case. The fact is that the United States Attorney General's office is normally primary counsel for the District, and the Solicitor General is within that agency.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Another threat is on the horizon, today I heard tha the the New York Mayor, (Bloomberg?)who is decidedly anti-gun, was being asked by the Independent party to run for President. This guy could really hurt the cause if he's even encouraged a little.

·
Registered
26 Posts
signed , and ya know it still amazes me that and saddens me that as a majority (yes gun owners are a majority in this country ) we still cannot seem to come together and get things done. we constantly and diligently must fight tooth and nail to keep the rights that are GUARANTEED to us by the constitution and the bill of rights . I simply cannot understand peoples thinking and inability to understand that freedoms and rights relinquished are rarely (read that NEVER) regained.

:brave:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Scary

This is mortifying. I found this article outlining the tack of the SG, Paul Clement. It is so very important that all gun owners adopt and maintain a siege mentality where concerns their individual rights. These guys are never ever going to give up and the sooner we realize this and take action by all available methods, the better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.