1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with Bob (still impressed with his phone manner), and I ordered my first custom weapon ever, let alone from Fusion! I am leaving for 5 weeks starting next Tuesday for a military commitment and hopefully that will help the time pass in the build process.
Here's what I ordered. If anyone sees anything I missed, please speak up!
Custom commander frame (carbon steel) bobtailed
Undercut trigger guard
30lpi checkering on front strap and MSH housing
Rear serrations only on slide
Tritium night sights. Rears are orange, front sight is green
Carbon fiber long trigger
Full black ion coated finish to include full barrel, slide, and frame :biglaugh:
Bead blasted stainless parts - ambi safety levers, grip safety, mag release and slide stop. ALL other surfaces black ion.
Two piece full length guide rod (also black Ion)
It comes with grips of course, but I'm going to make my own Gabon Ebony grips and imbed the Fusion logo medallions in them.
This is going to be ubercool!
Needless to say I'm excited about this, as it's my first pistol that is the way I want it to be. Bob was great in these early dealings and I can't wait for pics to start coming up in this thread as it gets built. Of course a full range report with pics will be out shortly after it arrives at my local FFL dealer.
12 weeks seems to be a very reasonable build time to me considering I just got done waiting 6 months for my holster. :tongue:
Hooah!
Sarge

·
Registered
747 Posts
Sarge,
Very exciting. It sounds like a great package you came up with. I'm sure that you will dress that bad boy with some super SWEET grips. I'm anxious to see the pics when it is done. How are you getting Fusion medallions for the grips that you are making? I can't wait until my Fusion is done (of course, I still have to come up with the rest of the money that I owe Bob before I get my gun anyway). Congrats :wink:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sarge,
Very exciting. It sounds like a great package you came up with. I'm sure that you will dress that bad boy with some super SWEET grips. I'm anxious to see the pics when it is done. How are you getting Fusion medallions for the grips that you are making? I can't wait until my Fusion is done (of course, I still have to come up with the rest of the money that I owe Bob before I get my gun anyway). Congrats :wink:
Oh yeah, about your Fusion.....Bob said that they were putting mine ahead of yours and that I shouldn't say anything about it. Oops. :rolleyes:
Bob generously agreed to send me a set of medallions for the grips. It makes sense as a LOT of people are going to see this weapon and it's just great advertising for him. Still he didn't have to agree to do that, and I appreciate it.
How long until yours is due to be done?
I think when I get close, I'll stop eating and send the money to Fusion if it gets it here any quicker. If that's not quick enough, I do have 5 kids and beautiful wife that I could sell at a reasonable price. I'm sure they'll understand. :eek::rofl:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congratulations. Custom is a good thing. Please keep us posted.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Am I the last member here who does not have a Fusion or have one ordered?

Glad to hear you broke down. We all look forward to the finished product (probably not as much as you though)!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Sarge,
To answer your question, I ordered mine at the beginning of July, and Bob said about 10-12 weeks. I haven't heard from him for a while so I don't know how far along it is. Like I said earlier, I don't have it completely paid off so I guess it doesn't matter when it gets done. I would love to see a picture of it though. Just for the heck of it I'll give you a quick run down of mine:

Stainless forged Pro series tactical railed frame W/ front strap checkering
Stainless checkered MSH
5" Pro Series slide with front and rear cocking serrations, top slide serrations, Ion Bond finish on slide
stainless Pro series ambi safety
stainless Hi Force match grade hammer
stainless pro series slide stop
novak tritium front sight
10-8 rear sight
long carbon fiber trigger w/ 3.5-3.75# pull
GI style guide rod set up
.45acp

I have not picked out any grips yet, but I'll probably go with something micarta or G10 or something. I would also like to get a second wood set from you (Sarge) at some point.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Coming up with funds

Sarge,
Congratulations on the order. I am coming up with the money for an order and would like anyones input. This will be my first bobtail, so any info is appreciated. What should I look for, etc. Still new to the forums.

Ion Bond on frame and slide
Stainless barrel
All small parts Yukon coated with grey color (saw one on the photo thread and fell in love)
Black Carbon trigger
Chainlink frontstrap and mainspring housing
Heinie type nightsights
2 piece guide rod
Black Pro-comm hammer

Anything else I need to have done, never thought I could have a "dream gun" for this reasonable of a price. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ryan, is this the one your giving to me? Cool thanks!
:crazy:
Turned that one right around on me didn't ya? :rofl:

Donkey77, yours sounds very nice! I've never been a fan of the 5" slide. No particular reason other than shorter was available I guess. I thought about the sights like yours, but I'm just too accustomed to picking up the dots in low light and I go with instinctive shooting is anything close, so decided to stick with the tried and true (for me). I'd love to see pics fo yours being built too. Kinda gives us all a little spark, know what I mean?

Toddzilla - I'm sure you'l get plenty of feedback on your project. :wink:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sarge,

Congratulations! I aint gonna lie, the wait is long and painful, featuring moments of despair that are best described in the book of Revelations. At one point, I found myself yodeling to pass time.

And listen, if you don't have to sell your family to fund this Fusion, you will for the next one. I suggest you go ahead and register for an account on ebay. Another hint: NO RESERVE.

Can't wait to see pics of that weapon.

Andy

·
Registered
331 Posts
Like everyone else has said the wait will be the worst part. Once you get your hands on it though, you'll grin from ear to ear.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! I'm sure the wait will seem long, but that's okay. I'm sure it will be worth it, and I'm not one to go around wishing days and months of my life away for some material object. It will be beautiful and alot of fun to have, but there is much living to be done every day while I'm waiting. Having said that, I need to add "bribe postman" to the list of things to do today.
EllisU, no reserve, got it. Good tip. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Hey Sarge.....

We can't put anyone in front of anyone else, we do them as we get them, but, ahem..... bribe??....did I say that?... no, that's just wrong.:shades:

We'll get to it soon, it just may not be as soon as you would like. I know when I'm waiting on something I try to occupy my time in other ways, like sending donations to worthy causes....fusion.......homeless, animal shelters, fusion, you get the idea.:rofl:

Stay in touch....

Dale.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Dale!
I understand the policy bribe sent fully, and wouldn't have it any other way do mine first. I'll just wait my turn how much do I send to get it in the nex two weeks like everyone else.
Thanks for stopping by credit card number in your pm box!
Sarge :rofl:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seriously, 12 weeks is not stretching me at all. I've got 5 weeks of training coming up to occupy my mind fully and after that it will be down just 7 weeks give or take. That ain't bad. If I can handle 6 months for a holster, I can handle 12 for a totally cool .45. :wink: I'd rather you guys take your time and get the quality, than get it quicker and not have it be "Fusion label worthy". Take your time.
Sarge

·
Spell-Check at the ready!
141 Posts
You guys are funny--- Mark, the day I move out of CommieFornia I'm going to order a Fusion from you guys, if a rep gets back to people this fast, you guys deserve my business. The Fusion company seems like it is staffed with a good people with at least a little sense of humor.
I like that.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys are funny--- Mark the day I move out of CommieFornia I'm going to order a Fusion from you guys, if a rep gets back to people this fast, you guys deserve my business. The Fusion company seems like it is staffed with a good people with at least a little sense of humor.
I like that.
I'm sorry, did you see something funny in the above posts? I didn't.....:thinking::shades::biggrin:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.