1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have noticed lately that alot of double action only semi auto pistols have been offered with thumb safeties as of late. For example, the SA XD, S&W M&P, etc. have lately been offered with this feature. I know alot of people think that a manual safety on a double action only is useless, but I really like the feature. The two double actions that I carry (Taurus Millennium Pro, H&K USP compact) both have a safety. Here is why I like the option. I have a goofy fear that when I am holstering the weapon, the trigger is going to get caught on either the holster, or an article of clothing or something. Therefore, I always flip the safety on when holstering, then after the gun is safely in the holster, I flick the safety off. I have no fear that the trigger will get snagged when unholstering, therefore, there is no reason to carry it with safety on. I'm just wondering what you guys think about the usefulness of a safety on a double action pistol. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
The Xd is coming with a Thumb safety now?

I dont feel a need for one but ya have to do what makes you feel good.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Different for sure at least they the safety setup to work the right way

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it is nice to see that manufacturers are putting the safeties on the frame in the "familiar 1911" place, instead of on the slide. Most are ambidextrous as well, which is a plus for me, since I'm a lefty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.