1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smith has decided to bring it back to life when i found out i called my dealer and he got me one fairly quickly

While Smith changed the Barrel length from the catalog i downloaded it said 4" but it is a 3 7/8" and looks like a one piece barrel it doesn't have the ring of the 2 piece Maybe leftover from the 2005 run?

Not a lot of info for a review yet as i just picked it up today as i did jury duty and got out early so i could pick it up and take it up to the police station for the inspection :rolleyes:

It has a Awesome trigger better than what i expect from a New Smith ..

Comes with 3 moonclips ill have to get a bunch more .. Enough talkie Bring on pics

Ok eagle eyed posters what's wrong in this pic?

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
See what happens when I sell out 10mm. I'm glad to see they brought it back.

Far as the pic goes the only thing I see is no hp's and you need to put a solid trigger in that cbob,:)

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, the 610 will also shoot the 40S&W, right?
That is correct but do not run a steady diet through your 10MM semi-auto!!!!:nonono::nonono:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Looks like no moon clips on the rounds in the wheelie.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No there are moon clips on them

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
A 610 is on my list of Must Haves. Congrats on yours.

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
That is a great lookin' Smyth, Bud.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did get out and shoot it and it groups really well 5 shots out of 6..

Why 5 out of 6 you say well thats the other problem its going to make a return trip to Smith for Spitting i got hit 3 times out of 18 rounds so its off on one cylinder .. My first wheelie problem from smith these were jacketed rounds also ..

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bud.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Too bad, their warranty and service is top notch though.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It happens i would have left it with the dealer today but i didnt have a hard case to ship it in ... Normally the dealer would fix it if it was soemthing simple but they dont want to fool with that either counting its so new ..

Out of over a dozen or so smiths this is first i have had probs with not gonna stop me though as i am looking at another wheelie

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it is back i dont know what they did i haven't picked it up yet or if its fixed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts