1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just recieved my Razorback from Bud's guns... My question is why do some Razorbacks say Rz-10 on the slide and some say Razorback? Also If I am correct i got a 07 model If the serial starts with R7? and wouldnt a 08 model be prefered to shoot reloads cause of the supported barrel?
thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got mine in 2006 or 2007 and mine apparently is an 06 model. They're all great and you don't have to worry about when they were made. Mine came with a normal (unramped or "unsupported" as some call it) and I shot LOTS of DoubleTap ammo through it with not a single problem. I ended up sending my Razorback into DW for some work and they volunteered to rebarrel my gun with a ramped barrel saying that mine was "overthroated". I never had bulged cases or anything. Still, who am I to complain. The new gun shoots even better!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thats good to know thanks... My only concern was really just for reloads as thats all I will be shooting out of it...
Yea, keep in mind that the barrels that DW installs on their 1911's are just like any other high quality aftermarket match barrel you might upgrade, say for example like .... a Glock or Smith & Wesson.... they are nice, accurate and tight.

If you WERE to start having problems with bulging cases then I would have it looked at right away for possible replacement by DW which would PROBABLY be under warranty. DW doesn't want their pistols blowing up, either. ;)

You're gonna love your RZ.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Just remember start off at the low and work your way up to the "perfect load" grains.
I think the 10mm is a fine hunting pistol I own 2 Dan Wesson's the Pointman and the Bobtail and very impressed with them. I reload also but mostly .45's.
Look at brass from a Glock the a 1911 you will never reload that Glock one and feel safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rz10

Congradulations on you purchase, you will love the Razorback!

It took me close to a year to find # 99, 1 -150 original DW RZ10's, from the orginal owner with all accessories!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.